• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities Pedigree shaping up..........

219 posts in this topic

CGC didn't think this one was pedigree-worthy. (shrug)

DCSS4.jpg

Oops. That's my bad. It's not listed as a Twin Cities book by Heritage. It's in the same auction so I just mistakenly assumed it was.

Still ultra-rare in that grade. Will fetch big money even though it's often overlooked by BA collectors....

I think this pedigree is first-rate, but look out for dust shadows (or sun shadows?) on some of the NM books. I looked at several nice FF's that I think I will pass on due to distracting shadow lines on the top and bottom covers. Some of them are subtle, so caveat emptor.

That said, many of these books look unread/uncirculated/unanything-ed. It will be fun to watch the carnage...I have only two books to bid on (so far), thank Zod. More to come, I'm sure. :frustrated:

Dan

DCSS4.jpg

Oops. That's my bad. It's not listed as a Twin Cities book by Heritage. It's in the same auction so I just mistakenly assumed it was.

Still ultra-rare in that grade. Will fetch big money even though it's often overlooked by BA collectors....

greggy bait. isn't that terry's comics copy for which he turned down $6k?

I don't think anyone can complain that this collection of books is Pedigree worthy...simply so many nice Silver Age books...so many.

I am still waiting to see where is X-men #1, Hulk #1 or AF #15.

This is the disappointment. The Hulk #s 1-6 are 7.0 and below (#1 is a 4.5), while the X-Men #1 is 8.0 and an AF #15 hasn't listed for auction yet.

It seems the collection doesn't really hit its' high grade stride until 1963 with the Journey, TOS and Spidey runs. Curiously, the Action #252 (1959) is a 9.0, so there's still hope that some other scarce early DCs might be sweet.

DCSS4.jpg

It's co-owned by Terry, Harley, and Big Ron. Can't confirm the offer though.

DCSS4.jpg

It's co-owned by Terry, Harley, and Big Ron. Can't confirm the offer though.

Figures that greggy would know all about this book. I saw it myself at Terry's booth last year, fwiw.....very nice.

I don't think anyone can complain that this collection of books is Pedigree worthy...simply so many nice Silver Age books...so many.

I am still waiting to see where is X-men #1, Hulk #1 or AF #15.

This is the disappointment. The Hulk #s 1-6 are 7.0 and below (#1 is a 4.5), while the X-Men #1 is 8.0 and an AF #15 hasn't listed for auction yet.

It seems the collection doesn't really hit its' high grade stride until 1963 with the Journey, TOS and Spidey runs. Curiously, the Action #252 (1959) is a 9.0, so there's still hope that some other scarce early DCs might be sweet.

That`s really not bad. At least it has the major keys.

I would definitely consider this collection to be pedigree worthy.

.....the TOS run is sharp....not every day you see a 9.4 copy of #44. This is going to be the most significant SA Auction for Heritage in quite a while. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This is actually the first time that a fresh offering of a pedigree has come to auction that I actually, from listening and learning from these boards, have a true appreciation and desire to own a peice of it. I don't know all the stories behind all of the other pedigrees, but I like the story behind the Twin Cities. To obtain the Famous Funnies #209 in CGC 8.0 would be a great pick up in my collection vs a book in higher grade.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7033&LotIdNo=50353

DCSS4.jpg

OK I have looked at this cover before many times... but never appreciated until now that the way wrightson has drawn the bodies the monster's azz is basically on the guys face lol "the crack treatment" lol ..... who was that asian wrestler in the 90s that would smother his opponents in his buttcheeks? lol

...or if not his face then at least his chest... perhaps CGC can denote this as a "cleveland steamer" cover on future slabs :insane:

But hey at least the monster (demon?) lit a candle when he was done lol

DCSS4.jpg

OK I have looked at this cover before many times... but never appreciated until now that the way wrightson has drawn the bodies the monster's azz is basically on the guys face lol "the crack treatment" lol ..... who was that asian wrestler in the 90s that would smother his opponents in his buttcheeks? lol

...or if not his face then at least his chest... perhaps CGC can denote this as a "cleveland steamer" cover on future slabs :insane:

But hey at least the monster (demon?) lit a candle when he was done lol

Yokozuna ....r.i.p

DCSS4.jpg

Paging Greggy...

Hey nitwit, the book sold months ago.

DCSS4.jpg

Paging Greggy...

:blush:

Did Terry get his price?

Nah, he netted less than what I would have paid last year.

DCSS4.jpg

Paging Greggy...

:blush:

Did Terry get his price?

Nah, he netted less than what I would have paid last year.

I saw it in Portland.A sweet book for sure.But I completely understand your position.