• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities Pedigree shaping up..........

219 posts in this topic

Look at the DI overspray on this copy. It's just not a good looking copy.

X-men 13 9.6

Yeah, in that particular case the overspray makes it look stained.

X-men 13 9.6

It will still fetch a premium since it's the new Pedigree D'Jour

You've got to be an FF geek to know this, but that copy of #37 will be going through the roof. :flamed:

One of my all time favorite covers. In a mylar the colors are sick

Some great looking comics in this pedigree :applause:

Just one observation...

Who was operating the press when these were printed ?

lf-2.jpg[/img] lf3.jpg[/img] asm20-1.jpg[/img] asm20.jpg[/img]

You can see the CGC label looks a little different in each scan but the colors are way different.

I agree with some of the other posters here that were saying this looks like a more deserving collection of pedigree status, at least so far.

X-men 13 9.6

It is stained.

Meaning what? That it's actually stained, or that you consider overspray a stain?

I'm not sure I see what John means about these books being "yellowed", at least from the scans...I'd probably have to do some comparisons in hand to gauge their gloss & brightness, etc. Scans can be 'touched up' all kinds of ways to make the books look good, so I try not to go by them alone.

I do agree about the overspray, however, and will generally avoid it unless the price is good. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about getting good prices on these, though...

Still, I'll put in a few bids! FF 37, as James said, would be a nice addition...

for $9,000 or whatever it'll go for... doh! OOML! (out of my league)

Dan

Is it just me or does anyone else think these books are really dingy and yellowed?

With some of the lighter colored covers, yes, a little. But I think a lot of the books have deep, rich colors.

For example, these books don't look at all dingy to me. They're pretty fresh and vibrant in my eyes.

FF37_TC.jpgFF50_TC.jpg

AVGRS25_TC.jpgDD17_TC.jpg

Is it just me or does anyone else think these books are really dingy and yellowed?

With some of the lighter colored covers, yes, a little. But I think a lot of the books have deep, rich colors.

For example, these books don't look at all dingy to me. They're pretty fresh and vibrant in my eyes.

FF37_TC.jpgFF50_TC.jpg

AVGRS25_TC.jpgDD17_TC.jpg

I'll be bidding on at least one of those :insane: