• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread : CLASSIFIED !!

100 posts in this topic

Oh, the prices :cloud9:

Check out his refs...heavy hitters indeed.

Based upon those prices, this ad must have come out well before my time. Any idea when this ad came out.

I know exactly when it came out. Sept of 1976 :popcorn:

Based upon those prices, this ad must have come out well before my time. Any idea when this ad came out.

Thanks for the info as that is indeed well before I started to collect seriously! (thumbs u

Well, since the ad was from 1976, then maybe the prices were about right or possibly even a little bit on the high side. Don't have a copy of the guide from 1976 to compare.

The ad from Snyder which I responded to was from 1987 and was the only one I ever saw from him until you posted this one from 1976.

An absolute gentleman to talked to with lots of collecting stories from the day and just a fountain of knowledge. (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks for the info as that is indeed well before I started to collect seriously! (thumbs u

Well, since the ad was from 1976, then maybe the prices were about right or possibly even a little bit on the high side. Don't have a copy of the guide from 1976 to compare.

The ad from Snyder which I responded to was from 1987 and was the only one I ever saw from him until you posted this one from 1976.

An absolute gentleman to talked to with lots of collecting stories from the day and just a fountain of knowledge. (thumbs u (thumbs u

Theres so many like that in this hobby.... and many still in the making (thumbs u

Well, the building still exists. Kinda doubt that Lorne still lives there, though. That's 197 Wellesley St E., on the corner of Wellesley and Bleecker (even though Google Maps says it's 194... zoom in on the number above the door):

Thats amazing Drew :o

CHUM is still a loud and proud radio conglomerate, 40 years later.

:headbang:

Here is my own ad I ran with a collecting friend of mine in the late 70's Notice the total disclosure of resto. Pretty honest for a couple of 15 year olds. :o

I remember that FF #1 well. It went through a flood and would be an excellent pressing candidiate. lol We thought we were hot mess with that one.

scan0005-2.jpg

Great ad, just wondering how did the majority of your comics sell back then? 20 cents a copy even back then didn`t seem like much. I think even a stamp was like 15 cents back then to mail them. hm

If I remember correctly, we received about 6 orders from that ad. It was just a way of getting rid of our doubles so we could buy more at the cons. I still have some of these books, the Star Trek, and even the Foom Poster. We eventually sold that FF #1 at a convention we bought a table at. It was in Bergen County NJ I believe.

How about the ad with Danny boy and his gang at Fantasia burning the price guide while standing in front of a rack filled with Action #1, 'Tec #27, Captain America #1, etc.

What a riot as they used to run that ad quite often. (tsk)

If I come across it, I'll post it up hm

TBG148DocSavage.jpg

This collector wanted everyone to know, he was now collecting Doc Savage :grin:

Can't be too many Eric Kotzers in Toronto...

Dr. Eric Kotzer, Toronto hm

Lifted from the patient reviews.

"Not the warmest guy - no personality whatsoever."

Probably the same guy. Comic geek stereotype. :devil:

Dr. K's receptionist is not doing him any favors! lol

(thumbs u Great thread Mac!! :applause: You had me at CLASSIFIED!

:banana: Chris

TBG150friendlytrustingjerseyarea.jpg

These are the kind of people this hobby is made up of...... except for those other kind

Transplant's kind of dealer.