• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread : CLASSIFIED !!

100 posts in this topic

For my 5000th post, I thought I would kick off a thread featuring ads from the 1970's TBG ( now ComicBuyersGuide ) classified section. Some of these are hilarious and almost all of them point to a time when this hobby was much more innocent, simple AND inexpensive. Its not my intent to ridicule or make fun of anyone. For all I know, some of these people might be some of you here or a person that somebody knows. If so, feel free to step forward and be heard.

TBG148adresschange.jpg

This is the one that got me laughing and gave me the idea for the thread. This guy, I'm sure, is completely sincere ..... lol

TBG148Wood.jpg

Do comic artists nowadays advertise their own work and have you write them a check .....to their personal PO box ??

For my 5000th post, I thought I would kick off a thread featuring ads from the 1970's TBG ( now ComicBuyersGuide ) classified section. Some of these are hilarious and almost all of them point to a time when this hobby was much more innocent, simple AND inexpensive. Its not my intent to ridicule or make fun of anyone. For all I know, some of these people might be some of you here or a person that somebody knows. If so, feel free to step forward and be heard. TBG148adresschange.jpgThis is the one that got me laughing and gave me the idea for the thread. This guy, I'm sure, is completely sincere ..... lol
Well, the building still exists. Kinda doubt that Lorne still lives there, though. That's 197 Wellesley St E., on the corner of Wellesley and Bleecker (even though Google Maps says it's 194... zoom in on the number above the door):

View Larger Map