• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April Fool's Day

20 posts in this topic

Ian, it is emphatically an April Fool's prank. Apart from the odd looking scan, our friend ft88 says in his very brief blurb that he "doesn't know much about comics".

Just check his previous auctions, most of which were comics, all of which include a professional description and a grade.

Strange that his listings state that he ships to Europe but his blurb states that he doesn't.

I wonder why he did that....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ian, it is emphatically an April Fool's prank. Apart from the odd looking scan, our friend ft88 says in his very brief blurb that he "doesn't know much about comics".

Just check his previous auctions, most of which were comics, all of which include a professional description and a grade.

Strange that his listings state that he ships to Europe but his blurb states that he doesn't.

I wonder why he did that...

I already saw loads of his previous auctions including a Superman 50 and a Flash Of Two Worlds.

That's how I was certain.

But April Fool is supposed to be ended by noon on April 1st.

The address is no problem - Richard at Quicksilver has a US address and my Mom lives in Florida.

So either it's genuine, or there's gonna be some trouble with e-bay.

A ONE DAY LISTING ON APRIL 1ST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed.......................................

It had to be done Ian, The target was too rich. smirk.gif

Not if he carries on buying excessively priced comics, he won't be.

gossip.gif Oh, err, Ft, thanks for ending the auction early at the agreed price. Can't wait to treble my money once I pass the book onto Ian........ tongue.gif

I had it up to 200 dollars.. Damm you!!

Newfun comics bidded it up to $999. Think they knew about Ian's quest?

Possible.. I was gonna take it to 200o but now its to late

And I suppose wasting the valuable of reputable collectors and dealers is all just part of the fun is it ? How would you like it if I bid on your auctions and then told you it was all just a joke ? I've got a business to run, thank you very much - pathetic !!!!

That was too funny! Thanks FT!

I don't actually see how it could have been funny.

The very SECOND I saw the link to it, I said April Fool straight away.

And I posted that up on here, within five minutes.

If it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

obvious that it was an April Fool, where is the joke ???

Richard still had to bid on it, JUST IN CASE - but it was far too obvious that it was a joke.

If you wanted to scam me you should have put up Leading Screen 68 and missed out the garbage about you not knowing much about comics - I would have fallen for that one straight away - and then been REALLY angry.

Well I am glad at least Ian wasn't fooled. qs, if you are really peeved about it, well, I don't know what to say. A little sense of humor goes a long way.

FYI, when I came across some Superman TIM's, I PM'd Ian first who bought 3 of them for $50 a piece which I thought was a fair price and much appreciated on my part.

If I do actually run across a Buzzy 70 you'll be the first to know. hi.gif

Ian, do you and your friend Richard really mean to pick a fight with someone who is helping you try to find your few remaining books and who has helped you in the past? It was an April Fool's joke. Get over it. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Ian, do you and your friend Richard really mean to pick a fight with someone who is helping you try to find your few remaining books and who has helped you in the past? It was an April Fool's joke. Get over it.

I'm sorry.

I didn't realise it was the same person who got me those Superman Tims.

I wholeheartedly grovel and apologise, thoroughly repentant.

Then again, my earlier replies could have been April Fool jokes too.

Ian, do you and your friend Richard really mean to pick a fight with someone who is helping you try to find your few remaining books and who has helped you in the past? It was an April Fool's joke. Get over it.

I'm sorry.

I didn't realise it was the same person who got me those Superman Tims.

I wholeheartedly grovel and apologise, thoroughly repentant.

Then again, my earlier replies could have been April Fool jokes too.

sign-funnypost.gif

Well done, way to spin it around! grin.gif