• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible Pedigree...

73 posts in this topic

Maybe it's part of the batch that is not being sold in this auction, but will be in the "national auction" referred to in the article? Of course, I'd expect the Flash Comics #1 to go in that auction too....

I just read that in the article, but I don't see it pictured anywhere.

Wonder is they have it confused with the Captain Marvel #1, or

the Superman #3?

Ok - I just talked to the lady and she said only the 121 comics on the list tomorrow will be auctioned. The rest will be in a later auction (at the same place) in the summer.

So the FLash #1 and More Fun #s 54 and 55 will NOT be part of tomorrow's auction.

Still some nice stuff on the list tomorrow, though the lady did tell me they had someone from CA and someone from Chicago there today looking at everything - so probably no super bargains.

plitch.....is there a master list of currently recognized pedigrees by CGC? I thought that would make interesting reading......

Thanks, Brad

Hey Paul,

Just in general terms (meaning not particular to this collection), what are the chances that a solid golden age collection with mostly mid- to lower-grade books could get recognized as a pedigree collection? Does a collection have to consist of a certain percentage of high grade books in order for CGC to recognize it as a pedigree, or does the collection just have to be considered "famous"?

Here's the LIST!

893whatthe.gif

I'm probably not going to win a single item on that list but I'm going to be there tomorrow just to see all of them together in one place. Just talking about the possibilty of seeing them is getting me crazy excited! insane.gif Who's going to be there tomorrow so we can get a couple of coffee to.. um, calm down our nerves? hehe.

DSC01023.jpg

By the way....I noted that the books are overlapping each other......I consider that pressing.

Just joking. 27_laughing.gif

Wonder if any of them's worth getting slabbed?

Not yet, but give the buyers some time in the "clean and press" room.

Looking at that collection.....I'm sure that's exactly what's going to happen.

"Are they high grade?"

"Not really.....but they will be."

Sorted alphabetically from the listings. These are the lots:

Ace Comics #42, Action Comics #20, Action Comics #21, Action Comics #22, Action Comics #23, Action Comics #24, Action Comics #25, Action Comics #26, Action Comics #29, Action Comics #31, Adventure Comics #44, Adventure Comics #47, Adventure Comics #49, Adventure Comics #51, Air Fighters Comics No, All Star Comics #13, All Star Comics #2, Amazing-Man Comics #17, America's Greatest #4, Batman #3, BatmanNo 14, Big Shots Comics #1, Big Shots Comics #1, BlueBolt #2 Vol 2, BlueBolt #3 Vol 2, BlueBolt #4 Vol 2, BlueBolt #5 Vol 1, BlueBolt #6 Vol 1, BlueBolt #9 Vol 1, Captain America #5, Captain Marvel #???, Captain Marvel #1, Catman #4, Crack Comics #15, Crack Comics #24, Crack Comics #25, Detective Comics #47, Detective Comics #48, Detective Comics #49, Detective Comics #65, Detective Comics #66, Detective Comics #67, Famous Funnies #15, Famous Funnies #27, Famous Funnies #50, Famous Funnies #55, Famous Funnies #70, Famous Funnies #76, Fantastic Comics #10, Flash Comics #14, Flash Comics #16, Flash Comics #7, Flash Comics #8, Flash Comics #9, Fun Comics #24, Fun Comics #83, Heroic Comics #4, Heroic Comics #8, Jungle Comics No, Jungle Comics #10, Jungle Comics #11, Jungle Comics #14, Jungle Comics #2, Jungle Comics #3, Jungle Comics #4, Jungle Comics #5, Jungle Comics #9, Magic Comics #5, Magic Comics #6, Military Comics #14, Mr and Mrs Beans #???, National Comics #6, Nickel Comics #8, Pep Comics #6, Pep Comics #8, Popular Comics #78, Prize Comics #4, Real Life First Issue, Red Rider #1, Science Comics #8, Sky Blazers #2, Smash Comics #6, Smash Comics #9, Smash Comics#10, Speed Comics #16, Star Spangled #14, Super Comics #21, Superman #3, Superman #6, Superman #7, Superman #9, Sure-Fire No, Target Comics #11 Vol 2, Target Comics #33, Target Comics #7 Vol1, Tarzan No, The Comics #5, The Doll Man No, The Flame No1, The Funnies #44, The Funnies #46, The Funnies #50, The Funnies #52, The Funnies #58, The Funnies #60, Tip Top #46, True Comics #13, Uncle Sam Quarterly No, Whiz Comics #???, Whiz Comics #3, Whiz Comics #4, Whiz Comics #6, Whiz Comics #7, Whiz Comics #8, Wings Comics #11, Wings Comics #17, Wings Comics #19, Wings Comics #21, Wings Comics #25, Wonderworld Comics #11, Zip Comics #8

• Ace Comics #42, Action Comics #20, Action Comics #21, Action Comics #22, Action Comics #23, Action Comics #24, Action Comics #25, Action Comics #26, Action Comics #29, Action Comics #31, Adventure Comics #44, Adventure Comics #47, Adventure Comics #49, Adventure Comics #51, Air Fighters Comics No, All Star Comics #13, All Star Comics #2, Amazing-Man Comics #17, America's Greatest #4, Batman #3, BatmanNo 14, Big Shots Comics #1, Big Shots Comics #1, BlueBolt #2 Vol 2, BlueBolt #3 Vol 2, BlueBolt #4 Vol 2, BlueBolt #5 Vol 1, BlueBolt #6 Vol 1, BlueBolt #9 Vol 1, Captain America #5, Captain Marvel #???, Captain Marvel #1, Catman #4, Crack Comics #15, Crack Comics #24, Crack Comics #25, Detective Comics #47, Detective Comics #48, Detective Comics #49, Detective Comics #65, Detective Comics #66, Detective Comics #67, Famous Funnies #15, Famous Funnies #27, Famous Funnies #50, Famous Funnies #55, Famous Funnies #70, Famous Funnies #76, Fantastic Comics #10, Flash Comics #14, Flash Comics #16, Flash Comics #7, Flash Comics #8, Flash Comics #9, Fun Comics #24, Fun Comics #83, Heroic Comics #4, Heroic Comics #8, Jungle Comics No, Jungle Comics #10, Jungle Comics #11, Jungle Comics #14, Jungle Comics #2, Jungle Comics #3, Jungle Comics #4, Jungle Comics #5, Jungle Comics #9, Magic Comics #5, Magic Comics #6, Military Comics #14, Mr and Mrs Beans #???, National Comics #6, Nickel Comics #8, Pep Comics #6, Pep Comics #8, Popular Comics #78, Prize Comics #4, Real Life First Issue, Red Rider #1, Science Comics #8, Sky Blazers #2, Smash Comics #6, Smash Comics #9, Smash Comics#10, Speed Comics #16, Star Spangled #14, Super Comics #21, Superman #3, Superman #6, Superman #7, Superman #9, Sure-Fire No, Target Comics #11 Vol 2, Target Comics #33, Target Comics #7 Vol1, Tarzan No, The Comics #5, The Doll Man No, The Flame No1, The Funnies #44, The Funnies #46, The Funnies #50, The Funnies #52, The Funnies #58, The Funnies #60, Tip Top #46, True Comics #13, Uncle Sam Quarterly No, Whiz Comics #???, Whiz Comics #3, Whiz Comics #4, Whiz Comics #6, Whiz Comics #7, Whiz Comics #8, Wings Comics #11, Wings Comics #17, Wings Comics #19, Wings Comics #21, Wings Comics #25, Wonderworld Comics #11, Zip Comics #8

confused-smiley-013.gif