• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Opinions

53 posts in this topic

John... I can't believe you are even hesitating about buying this book... and yes I know you haven't mentioned a price...

Unless this is from Methward Scissorhands, I can't believe you haven't already picked it up...

If the price is even close enough for you to be considering asking for advice you should absolutely buy the book!

I'm definitely interested in it. Just wanted to get some second opinions.

Reckon' I'll pull the trigger if I can get a restoration guarantee.

I'm thinking about 7.0-7.5. A bigger scan might reveal more defects. This is what I see:

[*] blunting, top left corner

[*] recessed staples

[*] chip out/small fold at the btm rt corner?

[*] dust shadow/stain (?) at the btm rt edge

[*] crease at btm left

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Thanks. It's being sold as VF. I think it might be 7.5. I'm concerned about the recessed staples. That's a defect I don't care for.

cd?? Is this at a store here in town? (Don't worry... I won't run out and buy it right now... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) (No, seriously, I won't. Greggy is gonna cry if I buy any other books before I lay out some scratch for his.) grin.gif

Yeah I live in Shawnee. I use 1,000,000 comix out on 95th for new stuff. There's a store called Frank's something way up north that's supposed to be good but I haven't made it up there yet.

There's a store called Frank's something way up north that's supposed to be good but I haven't made it up there yet.

Frank's, eh??? Hmmmmmmm. This certainly warrants further investigation! Yeah, I've been going to Elite since I moved back to civilization from Lawrence (which is the worst place on earth to try to buy comics). :/