• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good LCS in Las Vegas???

11 posts in this topic

This one comes up more often than any other city. It seems like someone should be able to make a go of it. Maybe we just need to encourage more gamblers to bring their collections with them so they can hock them to Vegas dealers when they hit a losing streak.

I personally go to Velvet Underground, have for many years, great collection of silver age books, and the owner knows more than anyone I've ever known, he had toys, statues, just tons of awesome goodness. There is also Maximum Comics, they are okay for all current stuff and variants, also star wars stuff. Pretty much every other store here blows nuts.

Also Velvet Underground #702-258-2689

Hey guys. I live in Vegas. I have dealt with I beleive every owner in town. IMO Comic Oasis is the best shop. The owners name is Derick Taylor. He is a great guy and is extremely very helpful. I think he has a great selection of both modern and back issues as well as a nice selection of silver age. His shop has won numerous awards. The only issue I see is his shop is in the NW part of town and is a 25 minute cab ride from the strip.

I also go to Comic Oasis. Good shop, helpful staff and a decent selection. Not too far from where I live, so good for me to go to. They are located just off of US-95 at Cheyenne Ave. Exit and Rainbow Blvd, in the Wal-Mart Shopping Center.

Battlezone Comics is another store I go to. Not as great of a selection of back issues, but, decently priced and the staff is pretty good. They have some higher end SA books, but, not a whole lot. They are located off of Ann. Rd. and US-95, in the Wal-Mart Shopping Center (Seems to be a pattern here).

Comic Oasis is a very nice local comic shop, and the owner does seem like a real nice guy, as does the goth girl that works there.

It's just that it is far from the Strip and doesn't really present anything out of the ordinary to make it worth a few hours of your vacation. If you don't have a rental car, you are looking at an $80 cab ride round trip, perhaps even more..

Comic Oasis is a very nice local comic shop, and the owner does seem like a real nice guy, as does the goth girl that works there.

It's just that it is far from the Strip and doesn't really present anything out of the ordinary to make it worth a few hours of your vacation. If you don't have a rental car, you are looking at an $80 cab ride round trip, perhaps even more..

Comic Oasis (thumbs u

It may be worthwhile renting a car. You can also hit Red Rock Canyon since you'll be in the North part of the city.

Comic Oasis (thumbs u

It may be worthwhile renting a car. You can also hit Red Rock Canyon since you'll be in the North part of the city.

Actually Red Rock would be in the West part of the Valley. Comic Oasis is in what is considered the NW part of the Valley.

Comic Oasis (thumbs u

Actually Red Rock would be in the West part of the Valley. Comic Oasis is in what is considered the NW part of the Valley.

Right. I just remember hitting Red Rock and Comic Oasis on the same drive. It was a good breather from all the glitz on the strip.

To me, Comic Oasis was a perfect model for a comic shop. It was diversified, well-organized, bright and busy, and it looked like they put money into it. They had a great selection of new titles, trades, toys, games, back issues, supplies, etc. It was lively. Lots of staff and customers. Also remember there were monitors that played videos of comic news and reviews from staff. They don't (or didn't) have GA books when I was there, but they did have a reasonable amount of SA and later. I bought a few high-grade Byrne X-Men for a good price. As far as comic shops go, I haven't been in many that I would rate higher.