• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question for the experts... Creatures of the id #1 (1st Madman)

19 posts in this topic

How rare is CREATURES OF THE ID #1?

100394-18313-107226-1-creatures-of-the-id_large.jpg

Is this a difficult issue to find in high grade?

Or is this issue hoarded by a couple people just waiting for the right time (a movie most likely) to flood the market with these?

I have had three. A 7.0 that looked great in the bag, but had a spine split, a vf/NM and my Cgc SS 9.4 copy. I had it done long before I learned of pressing. It can probably be pressed to 9.8. It should be easy to find the printed numbers. 3000 is the number that sticks in my mind. They are not easy to find in nice shape.

I have had three. A 7.0 that looked great in the bag, but had a spine split, a vf/NM and my Cgc SS 9.4 copy. I had it done long before I learned of pressing. It can probably be pressed to 9.8. It should be easy to find the printed numbers. 3000 is the number that sticks in my mind. They are not easy to find in nice shape.
Any idea how much is to much for one of these?

I paid a ton for my nice copy. Maybe 50-60 bucks back in 98 or 99 before I discovered EBay. Way more than I would pay now. But I was all about nailing down nice copies of obscure Copper and Bronze at the time.

I do not think there is a ton of demand for these at large. But there are lots of fans of that book that frequent the Copper Room.

I paid a ton for my nice copy. Maybe 50-60 bucks back in 98 or 99 before I discovered EBay. Way more than I would pay now. But I was all about nailing down nice copies of obscure Copper and Bronze at the time.

I do not think there is a ton of demand for these at large. But there are lots of fans of that book that frequent the Copper Room.

I'm not gonna lie, If I could I would bid on the one 9.8 that's up now, but my money is tied up till the end of the month. :cry:

I'm not gonna lie, If I could I would bid on the one 9.8 that's up now, but my money is tied up till the end of the month. :cry:

Where is it?

This is one of my favorite books but I am not an expert. I don't know the print run and you don't see them for sale too often, relatively speaking, but raw and CGC copies in 9.2-9.4 aren't too hard to find. 9.6's and especially 9.8's are much harder. The ComicConnect copy could go pretty high.

For what it's worth, Allred's Grafik Musik and Graphique Musique issues are worth checking out too.

Yeah, it's yet another one of those neat copper age books where the difficulty involved in finding a nice copy far outranks the actual monetary value. I've owned a couple of 9.6s, and still have 4-5 raw copies in my personal collection - when raw "NM" copies only fetch about $30 on ebay, I'd much rather just hold onto them.

Afaik, the print run was 3,000 - just as you said.

For a book like that ComicConnect is a bad choice in venue - I sold a 9.6 SS copy for $300 on ebay just a couple of months ago.
You mean bad for the SELLER.

;)