• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 39 CGC 9.4 sells for 150K

77 posts in this topic

That is a fantastic book. I wonder if the seller will regret letting it go. He made 33K in two years but the return was nothing spectacular. He made 15.5% a year and if you take out Doug's probable commision, he only made 9.88% a year. That is good but not great for a mega key. I think I would have held on to it a bit longer.

None the less, congrats to all three parties. This are fantastic times to be involved in the hobby.

The new key price explosion continues...from book to book.

Amazing.

Unless it's the same guy setting all the records--which I suspect you already believe to be the case.

I doubt it is the same buyer that took down the AF15 9.6. The books in the article, although awesome, aren't the highest graded in the census. Regardless, some very healthy prices all the way around.

Amazing.

Unless it's the same guy setting all the records--which I suspect you already believe to be the case.

I don't believe at all that it's one person.

I had a gut feeling last year that keys were due for another pop when the guide listed them last July with hefty increases. I began buying as many as I could afford after that. Here we are, right on target.

(thumbs u

Anybody think Doug just bought from Doug? :ohnoez:

Maybe since he bids on his own Grand Auctions sometimes he had a buyer on the phone that just turned out to be his own voice.

Doug agreed to buy it from Doug.

A win win....... :jokealert:

I'm surprised TOS 39 didn't crack 100K sooner. It's a fantastic story, not quite as good as AF15 but still an exceptional origin tale, which made an exceptional film. And Iron Man is now world famous.

the story says this is the same copy that sold for $114,900 in November 2009

Anybody thing Doug just bought from Doug? :ohnoez:

Maybe since he bids on his own Grand Auctions sometimes he had a buyer on the phone that just turned out to be his own voice.

Doug agreed to buy it from Doug.

A win win....... :jokealert:

Would not be the first time :devil:

Amazing.

Sure seems to be the case. None of these record prices were set in auctions.