• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Haspel is Taking a Leave of Absence

140 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

If that's the case then CGC can start using a thinner slab. :baiting:

I was going to write that every book will be deemed a qualified grade.

You have to admit it's ironic you can count down the days to a show, but..... :whistle:

:acclaim:

If that's the case then CGC can start using a thinner slab. :baiting:

I was going to write that every book will be deemed a qualified grade.

You have to admit it's ironic you can count down the days to a show, but..... :whistle:

For the record, Charles counts the days down to the show. Im not that patient to count that much.

So who is the head grader now?

Seems to me they would want someone with a proven ability to grade to existing CGC standards. Even better if they can do it from home just by looking at a scan... :whistle:

trophy.jpg

You could kill somebody with that blunt object.

Mark is liquidating his collection. :o

Is this kind of like Buffett selling all his shares?

Since he hasn't been allowed to buy (or sell) since 2000 does that mean all his books are raw?

I wonder if he will get them slabbed first.

He's been allowed to buy, or he has bought.

Steve Borock is coming back for personality reasons.

Doug Schmell was considered but failed on the background check.

Transplant was considered but is too good looking for the job.

Jim (CGCworld) was also considered but failed the dress code.

That maybe true during the madness when it's all UNC gear all the time but you should have seen me Saturday night all dapper, giving Miles a run for his money. I had to beat off the 24 year old girls with a stick (or vice versa, can't remember :insane: )

Jim

Our senior grading team has been working together for almost a decade

So who is this comprised of? hm

Not freshmen, sophomores or juniors.

Were those beer googles or scotch googles you were wearing to determine the age of the women fighting for you?

I forgot that the new three stud musketeers of the CGC boards are Mike, Transplant and you. I heard you three crossed swords and off to the club you went.

Were those beer googles or scotch googles you were wearing to determine the age of the women fighting for you?

I forgot that the new three stud musketeers of the CGC boards are Mike, Transplant and you.

I am now demanding that my custom title be Passive Aggressive Stud Musketeer.

Posted on 3/24/2011

Mark Haspel is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons.

Mark Haspel, president of CGC Comics has announced he will be taking a leave of absence but will be rejoining the company within a year. Haspel will be taking the time off for personal reasons and looks forward to returning to the company. Mark will continue to work with CGC as a consultant during his leave.

“Our senior grading team has been working together for almost a decade and are fully capable of ensuring there will be no change to the quality of grading our customers have come to expect from us,” said Steve Eichenbaum, CEO of Certified Collectibles Group, CGC’s parent company. “There have been many instances when Mark has been out of the office or on vacation over the years where our other senior graders have taken on his workload and the quality has always been the same,” he went on to say. "We look forward to his return.”

Haspel joined CGC at its inception in 2000. As CGC’S top pedigree expert, Mark has reviewed every book submitted to CGC as a pedigree and has seen more pedigreed comic books than almost any other professional. “After a decade of grading books, I need a short break to take care of some personal issues and to liquidate some of my inventory that I’ve had for years as a result of not being able to actively buy and sell as per CGC’s internal code of ethics,” said Haspel.

CGC is the first independent, impartial, expert third-party comic book grading service. A proven and respected commitment to integrity, accuracy, consistency and impartiality has made CGC the leader in its field. In fact, in 2007, CGC crossed the million-book mark and has now graded nearly 1.5 million comic books.

Congrats on an always tough decison Mark, and good luck! (thumbs u :applause: