• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Haspel is Taking a Leave of Absence

140 posts in this topic

Mark, if you are going to be selling some of your collection there could have been many ways to do it "under the radar" but you took the high road. (thumbs u

I have been more than happy in our discussions and your commitment to your profession and code of ethics is admirable.

Wish you all the best Mark and a speedy return back to CGC.

Mark, if you are going to be selling some of your collection there could have been many ways to do it "under the radar" but you took the high road. (thumbs u

I have been more than happy in our discussions and your commitment to your profession and code of ethics is admirable.

Wish you all the best Mark and a speedy return back to CGC.

+1 (thumbs u

Our senior grading team has been working together for almost a decade

So who is this comprised of? hm

Took about 30 seconds online to find out hm

http://www.cgccomics.com/about/the_graders.asp

Come on now. Wild speculation, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and innuendos are so much more fun than reading the CGC website.

Killjoy. :P

Okay so from what I hear no one is taking over.

Last time you listened to those voices in your head you ended up naked on the Santa Monica pier mooning Russia while yelling Bob's Rants & Raves at the top of your lungs. :screwy:

Mark is liquidating his collection. :o

Is this kind of like Buffett selling all his shares?

Since he hasn't been allowed to buy (or sell) since 2000 does that mean all his books are raw?

I wonder if he will get them slabbed first.

Q: CGC is described as independent and third-party. What does that mean?

A: CGC does not buy or sell comic books and does not have a financial interest in the comic books that we certify. In fact, employees of CGC are prohibited from buying and selling comic books commercially.

It's probably a safe bet that "commercially" caveat on the prohibition wasn't tossed in randomly.

Mark is liquidating his collection. :o

Is this kind of like Buffett selling all his shares?

Since he hasn't been allowed to buy (or sell) since 2000 does that mean all his books are raw?

I wonder if he will get them slabbed first.

Q: CGC is described as independent and third-party. What does that mean?

A: CGC does not buy or sell comic books and does not have a financial interest in the comic books that we certify. In fact, employees of CGC are prohibited from buying and selling comic books commercially.

It's probably a safe bet that "commercially" caveat on the prohibition wasn't tossed in randomly.

hm Intersting caveat there... I had never read much into that.

Our senior grading team has been working together for almost a decade

So who is this comprised of? hm

Took about 30 seconds online to find out hm

http://www.cgccomics.com/about/the_graders.asp

Come on now. Wild speculation, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and innuendos are so much more fun than reading the CGC website.

Killjoy. :P

I was just trying to save diva some trouble so it leaves him more free time for productive activities... such as sayyyyy... fisting himself.