• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick flipping in the Clink auction

13 posts in this topic

Sorry but this aggravates me. There was an Adventure 381 Rocky Mountain copy

on Clink that sold for 255.00 just two days ago. Now today I see the same book, same cert, listed in the Clink general section for 450.00 . I only noticed it because I was bidding on this item. How does this happen ? Was the owner shilling his own book and won it ? If not, there is no way the new owner has probably even paid for the book, much less seen it. Something about this stinks.

Since CLINK requires auction books to be in-house, I can see it easily done. Just pay for the book and ask them to list it in the For Sale section...

I see it all the time, and simply being a collector myself, I hate flippers who are only in this hobby for the money... but they're here, always have been and probably always will be...

The book still says Sale Pending at 255.00. Any new potential buyer at 450.00

can see this fact, you don't even need a subscription to GPA. The new owner of this book must be stupid. I hope he is a Board member and reads this. Pay the shipping and at least move it to E-Bay ! And at least wait until the auction is over with next time.

Well it's a good thing you don't know about how Heritage will take your comic on consignment, list it in one of their auctions, buy it from their auction, pay you, pocket their commission, crack the slab, press the book, send it to CGC, re list it in another auction at it's higher grade and pocket the new sales ammount plus their own commission.

Man, if you knew about that you might get really upset.

Good thing . . . :grin:

Come on now. Wild speculation, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and innuendos are so much more fun than reality.

Killjoy. :P

Sorry for keeping it real. Let me try that again.

It was Greggy!