• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New X-Men #143

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if this is the first cover appearance of fantomex? Really enjoying his character of late & thinking of getting his first app & maybe #143 as well for my cgc collection

Uncanny X-Force has been a great read, and Fantomex is one of the main reasons. I've searched often for a nice copy of 128, has been tough to find.

yes I don't even see any graded copies let alone raw ... on ebay

hmmm

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 9 0 0 0 9

Near Mint + 9.6 4 0 0 0 4

Near Mint 9.4 2 0 0 0 2

Near Mint - 9.2 1 0 0 0 1

looking at the CGC Census I can see why now this is going to be harder than I thought ...

You mean beside the fact he is clearly right there on the cover? :)

he posted a wiki link Which I had already look at i thought it was someplace in there that I missed where he found out the fa cover information rather than just "knowing it" :makepoint:

If 128 is his 1st app, and he is not on the cover of that issue, but he is on the cover of 129, the next consecutive issue, how could any issue other than 129 be his 1st cover appearance? :ohnoez:

If 128 is his 1st app, and he is not on the cover of that issue, but he is on the cover of 129, the next consecutive issue, how could any issue other than 129 be his 1st cover appearance? :ohnoez:

hm(shrug)

yes I don't even see any graded copies let alone raw ... on ebay

As evident by this thread, I don't think a lot of people are aware of his first appearance yet. I searched around the local shops, ebay, etc for a couple 128's over the summer and had no luck. So here I am thinking this was a ultra hard to find book that everyone knew of.... then I go to Mid-Ohio Con and start asking about it. No one has it pulled/marked as Fantomex's first appearance and I then realize people don't know or care about his book. So I stop asking and started searching $1 bins. Gold mine, pulled a few copies for myself and buddies. : )

He's gaining steam now, I bet that census numbers sky rocket in the next year. Does anyone know if CGC marks it as his first appearance on the label?

You gotta check out the song Adam WarRock did for fantomex...

http://www.adamwarrock.com/2010/12/31/tracklog-79-fantomex-weapon-plus/