• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do your boards run slow, do they wobble to and fro?

70 posts in this topic

They're ok for me today. Two days ago was pretty spotty.

One thing I have been experiencing though, is that when I leave a thread, I'll sometimes get bumped to page 3 instead of page 1. (shrug)

Are we experiencing technical difficulties today or is it just me?

They've been slow for me for the last two or three days.

They were crawling for me last night, so I switched from Firefox to Internet Explorer, and the speed picked up again to normal.

Its the chinese. They are hacking us in an attempt to get to the gov'ts top secret super hero information. Think Captain America ;)

Runs night and day since I hide everyone's sig lines. The GIFs are cute and all, but they slow it down like an elderly orgy!

more memory :gossip:

Last 3 days when I come into work, they tend to crash on me while connecting or they take a good 5 minutes to load up.

Once on I don't have any problems except for the occasional slowness.

I think it's been more like a week or two. I mentioned this in another thread, but nobody responded. :sorry: Boo-hoo-hoo.

Yeah, the boards have been intermittently painfully slow a bunch of times over the last few weeks, and I have a fat pipeline at work and broadband at home. It's been bad enough that I'll just give up and come back later.

They've picked back up a little for me. For a minute there I thought it was going to go into meltdown. :ohnoez:

You were just momentarily deflecting the inadequacy of your wanker size to a new object of focus. :blush:

They've picked back up a little for me. For a minute there I thought it was going to go into meltdown. :ohnoez:

You were just momentarily deflecting the inadequacy of your wanker size to a new object of focus. :blush:

Yeah. You got me there. lol

I think it's been more like a week or two. I mentioned this in another thread, but nobody responded. :sorry: Boo-hoo-hoo.

Yeah, the boards have been intermittently painfully slow a bunch of times over the last few weeks, and I have a fat pipeline at work and broadband at home. It's been bad enough that I'll just give up and come back later.

Come to think of it, yeah it has been longer. I know it's not my broadband as every other site is like lightning. Sometimes with this place I get the 'Cannot display the web page' error, and that really does my head in.

Sunday mornings around 5:30 am for the past several weeks have been impossible to log on at all for me. I get "server could not be found". not that i'm chatty at that time, I play hockey every Sunday morning and just want to see what i missed.

Sunday mornings around 5:30 am for the past several weeks have been impossible to log on at all for me. I get "server could not be found". not that i'm chatty at that time, I play hockey every Sunday morning and just want to see what i missed.

It has been like that for years--I think they do either backups or maintenance at that hour.

I can say that while I was editing a big registry set about an hour ago, every time I'd go to save the set--which usually takes 1-3 minutes--the boards would slow down while I was doing the save. I know that because while I was saving I'd switch to another browser to read messages and it was slow, so I had to go to another web site. I'm thinking the Registry may slow the boards down...hopefully it was just a coincidence that they were both slow at the same time and they're actually on different servers.

It has been like that for years--I think they do either backups or maintenance at that hour.

I've said this many times, but this is the only website I know of that does not strive to have 100% up-time. Imagine the backlash if Google was only available 23 hours a day? Or eBay?

I've said this many times, but this is the only website I know of that does not strive to have 100% up-time. Imagine the backlash if Google was only available 23 hours a day? Or eBay?

Compare the business value of this web site to that of the ones you're comparing it to--it's like comparing a local lemonade stand to the Coke and Pepsi corporations. doh!

Compare the business value of this web site to that of the ones you're comparing it to--it's like comparing a local lemonade stand to the Coke and Pepsi corporations. doh!

Fair point, but I don't know of any other message board that goes down for an hour or so every day.