• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC grade

29 posts in this topic

Your preping us for an incredible gift grade, by the sounds of it, 7.0-7.5

I know. I thought about not saying anything and letting everyone have their actual opinion, but I couldn't help myself.

Here is the link to the actual scan that really shows the damage this book has.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3910%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D3&id=882983

In my personel collection, I would grade this book a 5.5

All this being said, I know a book that doesn't deserve the grade gets through every now and again. But I think the concensus was a 5.5-6.0 on this book.

Does anyone think as time goes on and the graders CGC uses get newer/younger generation, that the CGC grades or standards change?

I've seen a lot of books on here in the last several weeks that we all graded 8-8.5 and came back from CGC 9.2-9.4's.....Has the grade criteria changed and I don't know about it?

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3910%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D3&id=882983

TOMAHAWKED! :pullhair:

Looks just like the Tomahawk in the grading contest that CGC gave a 7.0 (spine wear, furry at staple, etc). If anything, that book appeared to have even more flaws than this one does.

I can't make the scan any larger as it is borrowed from another site. Spine wear is worse than it looks in this scan... :sick:

What am I missing? Why are we guessing the grade of Trey's slabbed midgrade TOS? (shrug)

7.0 may be pushing it a bit, but I've seen others just as bad. Honestly, it looks like a 6.0 to me, and given the subjective nature of grading, that's within the range of rational grading ( if a bit on the loose side). Another example of why a given 7.0 shouldn't automatically be worth a huge premium over a 6.0.

TOMAHAWKED! :pullhair:

Looks just like the Tomahawk in the grading contest that CGC gave a 7.0 (spine wear, furry at staple, etc). If anything, that book appeared to have even more flaws than this one does.

Just added this scan.

The Tomahawk had more horizontal stress lines on the spine if I remember. This book ( Suspense 63 ) looks better to me.

Round6-Tomahawk116f.jpg

DR.X