• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted Stormwatch #37 NM/MT

20 posts in this topic

I'll check my LCS tomorrow when I go to pick up my weekly stash. What's the big whoop about this book?

Just thought I'd try again. I'll pay stupid money for a perfect copy of this book.

That is all.

I'll check my LCS tomorrow when I go to pick up my weekly stash. What's the big whoop about this book?

Just thought I'd try again. I'll pay stupid money for a perfect copy of this book.

That is all.

First Warren Ellis issue as writer.

Mile High is selling it for $12.

37.jpg

That is all.

First Warren Ellis issue as writer.

Mile High is selling it for $12.

37.jpg

It's also the first appearance of Jenny Sparks. That's mostly why I want it.

I don't want to bother with MH, because I already have a couple of 9.2-9.4 copies of the book. Adding another one of those won't do me any good, and that's what I'd expect to get out of them (at best.) I either need to find someone here who knows what a 9.8+ actually looks like to sell me one, luck into a real unread copy on eBay (tougher than you'd think for a book that new) or luck into one at a shop or show. I've gone through several rounds on all three and have come up empty so far.

Lots of work for a goofy little book 893frustrated.gif

Sung, creatively, to the tune of Jenny...

Jenny (Sparks) I've got your (first appearance in Stormwatch) number (37,)

I want to make (a nm/mt copy of the first comic book featuring) you mine!

446544-jennysparks.jpg

446544-jennysparks.jpg.a8319fcfb3078cacc9484bbf0332815e.jpg

That is all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3983&item=2236806574&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

NM copy on ebay at 6.95 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I saw it. I actually asked for a scan and it's no better than VF/NM. mad.giffrown.gif

ACQUIRED!

cloud9.gif

Well, a CGC graded red label 9.6 was acquired. But that's good enough! Especially since it could be one of those undergraded red label moderns that all the cool kids are talking about and I'll get the big 9.8 once I resubmit.

Anyone care to guess which forumite managed to find and sell me this book?

Darth? confused-smiley-013.gif Out of curiosity, how much did you have to pay for it?

ACQUIRED!

cloud9.gif

Well, a CGC graded red label 9.6 was acquired. But that's good enough! Especially since it could be one of those undergraded red label moderns that all the cool kids are talking about and I'll get the big 9.8 once I resubmit.

Anyone care to guess which forumite managed to find and sell me this book?

Nope. Although he'd be a good guess, Mr. Modern that he is.

I paid $75 shipped. I probably would have paid double that for the 9.8 (which sold for $30 bucks when I wasn't looking for the book 893frustrated.gif.) If, 10-12 months ago, when I started looking for this book someone told me I'd eventually pay $75 for a CGC graded copy I would have laughed at them. After failing for that long on a book that should be easy, that $75 looked like a bargain 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Holy smokes. That is a lot of scratch for a modern. Any idea what the print run was on the book?

Nope. Although he'd be a good guess, Mr. Modern that he is.

I paid $75 shipped. I probably would have paid double that for the 9.8 (which sold for $30 bucks when I wasn't looking for the book 893frustrated.gif.) If, 10-12 months ago, when I started looking for this book someone told me I'd eventually pay $75 for a CGC graded copy I would have laughed at them. After failing for that long on a book that should be easy, that $75 looked like a bargain 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Holy smokes. That is a lot of scratch for a modern. Any idea what the print run was on the book?

I could look it up. I have no idea beyond knowing that print runs in general were small back in '97, since that was right in that "post-implosion" period. This book in particular was also a relaunch of a dead and previously crappy title so who knows what they printed.

As for it being a lot of money- I guess confused-smiley-013.gif. With certain books I just don't care about "value." So far no one's been able to test me on it, but I know I would throw off the value curve on common 35 cent variants if a Daredevil 148 35 cent variant came to market insane.gif Also, with this book I really didn't think of it in terms of being a "modern." I just thought of it in terms of being a book I'd been unable to find for a while that I really wanted. cloud9.gif

Far be it from me to tell someone he's paid too much for any comic book. I know it can be hard to find moderns and have paid more than a book was "worth" just because I wanted a copy. I was just surprised that there were any Image books that would go for that much these days. Not questioning it, just personally surprised. Congrats on getting the book. thumbsup2.gif

As for it being a lot of money- I guess confused-smiley-013.gif. With certain books I just don't care about "value." So far no one's been able to test me on it, but I know I would throw off the value curve on common 35 cent variants if a Daredevil 148 35 cent variant came to market insane.gif Also, with this book I really didn't think of it in terms of being a "modern." I just thought of it in terms of being a book I'd been unable to find for a while that I really wanted. cloud9.gif