• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What If? The comics you wished exisited.....

21 posts in this topic

It's late 1953, and an Eastern Color publisher has a great idea for a storyline to be run in their Famous Funnies comic book. It will start with issue #209, and they decide to hire a brilliant artist named Frank Frazetta to do an 8 issue series of covers for the new story.

The story will based on an old exciting pulp character from Robert E. Howard, Conan The Cimmerian.

Just imagine those iconic covers now!!! :o

How about a 1950 series from DC, called The Adventures of Humphrey Borgart?

He would pal around with Peter Lorre drinking and brawling, and having adventures around the globe.

They would have to end it with issue #31 though, being the last pre-code issue Febuary 1955. :devil:

How about those great airbrushed Timely covers that Alex Schomburg could have done in the late '40s?

Imagine this cover...

ht23.jpg

...done like this...

startling49.jpg

How about those great airbrushed Timely covers that Alex Schomburg could have done in the late '40s?

Imagine this cover...

ht23.jpg

...done like this...

startling49.jpg

Are you showing Billys books again :baiting:

It's late 1953, and an Eastern Color publisher has a great idea for a storyline to be run in their Famous Funnies comic book. It will start with issue #209, and they decide to hire a brilliant artist named Frank Frazetta to do an 8 issue series of covers for the new story.

The story will based on an old exciting pulp character from Robert E. Howard, Conan The Cimmerian.

Just imagine those iconic covers now!!! :o

Why stop at wishing just for Frazetta covers?

What if they had managed to talk him into doing the full interior art on the run as well? :o:o:o

I would have liked for Jim Shooter to stay with Marvel, same for Mcfarlane, Jim lee and Marc Sylvestre. The departure of their talented artist really diminished the talent pool that marvel could draw from.

I hate Valiant and Image. If I had won the 315 megamillions I would buy up as many of these titles as I could and I would b......... all of them.

I would have liked for Jim Shooter to stay with Marvel

I hate Valiant and Image. If I had won the 315 megamillions I would buy up as many of these titles as I could and I would b......... all of them.

I'm exactly the opposite. I wish Jim Shooter had stayed in control at Valiant and had overseen the rise of the company to greater and greater success, maintaining the high quality seen in those excellent pre-Unity books.

I wish Kirby could have taken his time to finish the Fourth World stories. And that he was still at Marvel doing them.

I wish there were of Tales Of Suspense and Tales To Astonish annuals. And that I owned the only copies.

Avengers #97 as illustrated and co-plotted by Neal Adams. The conclusion to the Kree-Skrull war done right, rather than the Roy Thomas I mean Rick Jones-- wish-fulfillment of conjuring up imaginary Timely characters out of thin air to save the day.

New Gods #12, #13 and #14 by Jack Kirby. Ending the series as he originally intended, rather than via the numerous pastiches over the years (including his own latter-day "Hunger Dogs" attempt). I don't wish Kirby had continued indefinitely on the Fourth World-- that likely would have produced more than its fair share of Goody Rickles, Deadman x-overs and Funky Flashman episodes, but 3 more issues should have been enough to reach a somewhat satisfying conclusion.

Mr. Miracle #26-- Steve Gerber and Mike Golden were on a roll. One of the victims of the DC Implosion I miss the most.

Beware the Creeper #6 by creator Steve Ditko, rather than the patched-together jam session that actually occured.

Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams collaborating on latter-day revivals of Catwoman, the Penguin, Scarecrow and the Riddler, as they had previously on Two-Face (Batman 234) and the Joker (Batman 251).

Darknight Detective series 3 by Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers. Supposedly Englehart plotted the 3rd part of his trilogy, perhaps even scripted, but will not publish it following Rogers' death.

Mr. Miracle #26-- Steve Gerber and Mike Golden were on a roll. One of the victims of the DC Implosion I miss the most.

+1

And that's Mister to you, Mr. Zonker.

+1

And that's Mister to you, Mr. Zonker.

Thanks Z-man. I stand corrected. :)

Avengers #97 as illustrated and co-plotted by Neal Adams. The conclusion to the Kree-Skrull war done right, rather than the Roy Thomas I mean Rick Jones-- wish-fulfillment of conjuring up imaginary Timely characters out of thin air to save the day.

Good point. The story's 'deus ex machina' ending always felt like a bit of a let-down to me as well.

Imagine this cover...

ht23.jpg

...done like this...

startling49.jpg

Got the Torch size perspective a little off there, huh? lol (Giant robot = same size as Torch?!?!)

My wishlist starts with Steve Ditko staying with Marvel and Spidey a couple dozen more years.

Neal Adams continuing on with X-Men through issue 100...at least.

Barry Smith on Conan for another 40 issues.

Jim Steranko on Nick Fury, Agent of Shield for a 50 issue run.

Wolfman and Perez on New Teen Titans right up to today.

...and that's just off the top of my head.

For starters I would've liked Alan Moore to have done a little more with his Miracleman run & I really would've like to see Neil Gaiman to have at least finished his ''SILVER AGE'' run.