• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed again

14 posts in this topic

For sale are two is a Timely, sporting a Schomburg WW II cover.

I accept PayPal, checks or money orders.

Shipping in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope with delivery confirmation in the US is included in the price. Outside the U.S., we can work something out at exact cost. I'm not looking to make a profit off the shipping. Check www.usps.com for shipping options.

Sub-Mariner #17

Well, this comic has certainly got it all (including amateur restoration).

Positives: Complete with no missing coupons, etc. Cover and centerfold are attached (with tape and glue). Book can be handled and read without fear of it crumbling in your hands.

Negatives: Many of the pages are split along the spine and have been repaired with tape. Note the pieces missing on the front cover. The inside spine of the cover seems to be glued to the pages. Pages are tanned and I guess you would call them slightly brittle because of the splitting at the spine.

Asking $125 shipped. :news: Not sold and back on the market. The transaction on this comic fell through and I'm putting this one back on the market.

subby17a.jpg

subby17b.jpg

subby17c.jpg

subby17d.jpg

Sub-Mariner #14 SOLD

I had a great deal of trouble grading this book. So, I sent it down to Matt Nelson and he calls it a 4.0. He's the expert, so I'll defer to him, but I hate to say it...it doesn't present very well for a 4.0. Here are Matt's notes about this comic:

Notes: this is a very strange book. The interior exhibits a bad spine roll, but the cover is perfectly aligned. The book has never been disassembled, so it appears to me that the book was printed this way. Also, the cover is damaged where it hangs over the interior, giving further proof this is the original way it was assembled. The only way to realign the interior is to disassemble, which may constitute restoration. Since the book already has significant edge damage, I do not think the effort or risk is worth it. CGC probably will not encapsulate it either, given the overhang issue.

I'm asking $400 shipped. Price drop to $375 shipped. :news:SOLD

subby14a1.jpg

subby14b1.jpg

Sub-Mariner #17

Positives: Complete with no missing coupons, etc. Cover and centerfold are attached (with tape and glue). Book can be handled and read without fear of it crumbling in your hands.

Negatives: Many of the pages are split along the spine and have been repaired with tape. Note the pieces missing on the front cover. The inside spine of the cover seems to be glued to the pages. Pages are tanned and I guess you would call them slightly brittle because of the splitting at the spine.

Asking $125 shipped. :news: Not sold and back on the market. The transaction on this comic fell through and I'm putting this one back on the market.

subby17a.jpg

subby17b.jpg

subby17c.jpg

subby17d.jpg

:bump:

OK, I'm bumping this one back up because the transaction on this comic fell through and the comic is back on the market.

Shipping in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope is included. Thanks for looking!

Sub-Mariner #17

subby17a.jpg

subby17b.jpg

subby17c.jpg

subby17d.jpg

OK, I'm bumping this one back up because the transaction on this comic fell through and the comic is back on the market.

:takeit:

Sub-Mariner #17

subby17a.jpg

subby17b.jpg

subby17c.jpg

subby17d.jpg

:takeit:

^^