• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Sweet 16

117 posts in this topic

This is the process

My template to the perfect score....of course I did a few last second substitutions.

DiceX.....Please make note of the strong technique below the basket with elbows flying. Will I be seeing you in the next round?

Bring the smack talk, it just makes me giggle like Mayhem from bully beatdown.

What the heck is the 6.0 to 7.0 listed next to the DD14? :baiting:

Anyways congrats on the perfect score! :applause: :applause: :applause:

It was my random thoughts depending If scratches were on the book or slab. Specifically across daredevils leg. It's a special "technique" :lol: thanks fun tourney so far

I tried my best and am not at all disappointed with my showing in my first grading tournament.

I feel I did really well in this last round. 1 bullseye, and 3 off by 1 grade only, 1 off is as about as close as you can get without scoring a bullseye.

Good match AJD, good luck in the remainder of the tournament. Good luck to everyone else in the tourney as well, and thank you Nostalgic Attic for organizing the tournament.

I tried my best and am not at all disappointed with my showing in my first grading tournament.

I feel I did really well in this last round. 1 bullseye, and 3 off by 1 grade only, 1 off is as about as close as you can get without scoring a bullseye.

Good match AJD, good luck in the remainder of the tournament. Good luck to everyone else in the tourney as well, and thank you Nostalgic Attic for organizing the tournament.

Thanks BurnallMAbks (if that really is your name lol ) - I'll try to do you proud. Your score was the same as mine last round. It's a fine line in these things and a bit of luck is involved. I wouldn't have made it to the round of 16 in most matches.

The Incredible Hulk 117 graded out as an 8.0.

:news:FINAL SCORE :news:

DCMAN 50

Warlord 47

Congrats to DCMAN!

:banana:

Congrats DCMan! I way overgraded again. And was worried I was too low. lol

Should have knocked down the grade for what I thought was a little faded spot on the FC. And I essentially ignored the ink transfer on the BC and that was probably also not the right call this time but in another grading contest I hammered for that and was way under on that one. doh!

I overgraded it too, it looks better than an 8.0 to me.

I agree, looks a bit nicer then 8.0 to me. I pegged it at 8.5 to 9.0. Never even thought lower then the 8.5.

On max magnification you can see a couple thumb bends in the black areas of the FC. I think that accounts for the surprisingly low grade. Very tough to see, I couldn't find them until their general locations were described to me!

argh!

I was pulling for you, too, after taking me out.

But, its kind of tough to compete with a 90.

Congrats AJD!