• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Sweet 16

117 posts in this topic

:news:MARCH MADNESS: THE SWEET 16 :news:

We're down to the Sweet 16. (worship) Many familiar faces here, and many newcomers. Will the veteran teams prevail as the tension mounts? Don't touch that dial.......

Sweet16.jpg

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Tuesday at 11:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification (or more confusion) before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Any stains.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

Latko, you better think long and hard before you click that submit button.

You could always just cave in to the pressure and forfeit. It might save your reputation. :sumo:

latka_gravas.jpg

You could always just cave in to the pressure and forfeit. It might save your reputation. :sumo:

latka_gravas.jpg

The level of taunt is weak in this one.

latka_gravas.jpg

The level of taunt is weak in this one.

You better worry about your leg of the bracket. You'll never make it far enough to see the greatness of my competition. :makepoint:

:popcorn:

Go on and tell Latka to back down. I nailed all the grades. There's no way he can beat me.

Get back on the porch, Latka. Only big dogs are allowed to run here. :sumo:

latka_gravas.jpg

"Tenk you veddy much" for the words of wisdom, but I think I'll lace them up and take you on. Best thing about your post was finding out that: I have a reputation on the boards! :acclaim:

Great! I am up against Toro next round. doh!

We both have to get to the next round. :baiting: I never do that great in this format. I think the best I've ever done is the elite 8.

Hello Toro. :devil:

Hi BlowUpTheMoon! :hi:

After getting a perfect score I have no where to go except down. :tonofbricks: Plus either way Shark will probably take the round after that.

Bring it, Sally. :sumo:

I've already started to pick out which prize I want. Why don't you donate something nice for me to win. :baiting:

szts1d.jpg

I don't have Photoshop and my Adobe ImageReady skills are weak.

Auugghh!!! I'm going to have to gouge out my eyes after seeing that. That is wrong in so many ways. lol

Great! I am up against Bryan91 next round. doh!

:sumo:

Gotta go with the lower seed. :foryou:

That's OK my double cover brother. :grin:

Great! I am up against AJD next round. doh!

doh! Ok Folks, I've been informed there are only three EC Classic reprints on the census, so I'm going to have to post a different book in its place this round. Anyone who has already sent grades may send me a new grade on the replacement book only. I will have it up by 1:00 PM PST. :sorry:

:popcorn:

Go on and tell Latka to back down. I nailed all the grades. There's no way he can beat me.

Get back on the porch, Latka. Only big dogs are allowed to run here. :sumo:

You're like the Gary Payton of grading contests.

doh! Ok Folks, I've been informed there are only three EC Classic reprints on the census, so I'm going to have to post a different book in its place this round. Anyone who has already sent grades may send me a new grade on the replacement book only. I will have it up by 1:00 PM PST. :sorry:

Revised book list is as follows. Note that the FF #29 has replaced the EC Classic Reprint #3.

SWEET 16 BOOKS:

Daredevil #14 OW

Daredevil #37 OW (Note: No cover gloss)

Fantastic Four #29 OW

Tales TO Astonish #81 OW

ff029f.jpg

ff029b.jpg