• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your defination of a pedigree???

23 posts in this topic

Mine would be one owner,Edgar church, Lamont Larson,ETC. High Grade most of it, Large collection for the most of it, preferably Golden Age and some early Silver Age. Alot of the collections in my opinion, like the Dave Sim's collection, should be a providence, not a pedigree. Same as the Mile High 2 collection found in a warehouse. These weren't colllected by an individual. IMHO Dave Sim's collection isn't even old enough to be considered a pedigree. These were hand picked by him. Too many multiples! Maybe I'm wrong. what do you guys think? I mean, would you guys put this collection up against the San-Francisco, Edgar Church, Larson, Bethlehem, etc. I also don't feel that Bill Gaines is a pedigree either. I think it should be considered a File copy. What do you guys think? I'd like to hear your opinions. Don't get me wrong these are great books from what I've seen, but there are too many collections nowadays passed off as pedigrees.

One owner. Full runs of all, or most, the major titles of the era. Original owner. Abnormally nice copies of the books. Books were stored in like conditions and have some kind of "trademark" to them. Includes major keys, and is mostly G.A. to early S.A.

Brian

Would you classify all the books that Nic Cage put together

as a candidate for a pedigree????

I wouldn't.

But then again art collectors and dog breeders brag on

pedigrees, and some of them actually create their 'product'?

I wouldn't.

His was a collection, not a pedigree.

I wouldn't.

You betcha -noting pedigree about Cage's acquisitions. Just another collection, like ours are.

I wouldn't.

You betcha -noting pedigree about Cage's acquisitions. Just another collection, like ours are.

And if we were famous we might be able to arrange the labels on books we submit to say "From the collection of So and So."

And if we were famous we might be able to arrange the labels on books we submit to say "From the collection of So and So."

Yes - something to shoot for - let's ALL get famous and then we, too can have collections named after us! thumbsup2.gifwink.gif

The "Ian Levine Collection" has a nice ring to it.

Yes - something to shoot for - let's ALL get famous and then we, too can have collections named after us! thumbsup2.gifwink.gif

Is being famous a requirement, or do we get the designation automatically by consigning our books to Chuck? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif