• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Hill and Me!

38 posts in this topic

Very cool! And most importantly, AC/DC t-shirt? Or logo parody?

Oh you're good!!! :applause: Both. Joe (and his father) are both AC/DC fans, and I felt this shirt was perfect - also my favorite band of all time.

This is the shirt (only mine is gray).

AC-DC.jpg

AND this pic is my favorite OF COURSE!!! Joe is TALL but I'm only five foot nothing. He had to stoop way down so both of us appeared in the picture! lol

I'll treasure this forever!!! It was an awesome evening!

Joeandme.jpg

:o Hiyo!

Most surprise someone from the Boards was also able to make it out to Strongsville Library featuring Joe Hill promoting his book Horns.

Love the pic... :golfclap:

My sis who is big reader of Joe Hill's works informed me of his arrivial to Ohio and made it out there to see him. My sis even lugged her hardcover copy of Locke & Key Vol.1 to have signed.

P.S.

It was a nice short story he read to us, even when he had repeated the beginning about 4-5 time due to the mic and sound guys. Hilarious and fun he was, but seeing how you was there...

I must admit that I have never actually seen what Joe Hill looks like and when I let my sis go in first, because I had to find a parking space (to which I had to parked in the spaces on the road leading up to the Strongsville Police Department) and arrived minute before Joe Hill was announced to start. I was looking around in the front entrance of the library wondering where was the event taking place and when I saw the table set-up with the books for Horns I walked up to a guy standing in the doorway and asked, "Is this room for Joe Hill?" and with a cheezy-grin he nodded and I further asked, "Can I still enter or do we have to watch out here?". He and older-lady smiled and quietly acknowledge that I was still permitted to enter and then I saw my sis across the room, waving and pointing, and I did my small-wave of thanks to the lady and guy and walked around back, ducking also for the camera in the back, and made it to my sis.

When I got to my sis... she slightly elbowed me hard and whispered, "I hate you! You would be the one to walk up to a famous person and just think they are a regular person and have a conversation with them and not figure for one sec who they probably are. Do you not know who you was just speaking with?"

I whispered, "No, I was just talking to that guy, because I thought that we had to watch from out there since it was about to start".

She replies, "That was Joe Hill!"

Crowd1.jpg

Oh ! You have a pic of me...

Im the guy in the biedge flannel shirt with the head-scarf under my slightly dirty black-hat, just in behind the teenager in blue jacket on the left of the pic.

:fear:

P.S.

Not to make this sound bad, but I am the only Black guy there... if earlier description did not pin-point who am I in the pic, but at least I am not totally exposed!

My identity is still safe... (Muhahaha! :devil: )

P.S.S.

The first guy that went up during Question-period... he was hilarious.

Nice to put an ear with a name now. lol

Great story. Hope your sister enjoyed the event. Joe is like a rockstar at these things. His fans go crazy!

P.S. What's the deal with the guy on the far right in the brown hoody. He looks like he trying out some Jedi powers or something?

Crowd1.jpg

Oh ! You have a pic of me...

Im the guy in the biedge flannel shirt with the head-scarf under my slightly dirty black-hat, just in behind the teenager in blue jacket on the left of the pic.

:fear:

P.S.

Not to make this sound bad, but I am the only Black guy there... if earlier description did not pin-point who am I in the pic, but at least I am not totally exposed!

My identity is still safe... (Muhahaha! :devil: )

P.S.S.

The first guy that went up during Question-period... he was hilarious.

That's crazy! But I thought there MUST be someone else here from the Boards somewhere!! lol! Looks like your identity will be forever hidden.

Great story. Hope your sister enjoyed the event. Joe is like a rockstar at these things. His fans go crazy!

P.S. What's the deal with the guy on the far right in the brown hoody. He looks like he trying out some Jedi powers or something?

Just one of those off-the-wall looks towards someone taking a picture that you don't want to be a part of. lol

AND this pic is my favorite OF COURSE!!! Joe is TALL but I'm only five foot nothing. He had to stoop way down so both of us appeared in the picture! lol

Most surprise someone from the Boards was also able to make it out to Strongsville Library featuring Joe Hill promoting his book Horns.

My sis who is big reader of Joe Hill's works informed me of his arrivial to Ohio and made it out there to see him. My sis even lugged her hardcover copy of Locke & Key Vol.1 to have signed.

P.S.

It was a nice short story he read to us, even when he had repeated the beginning about 4-5 time due to the mic and sound guys. Hilarious and fun he was, but seeing how you was there...

I must admit that I have never actually seen what Joe Hill looks like and when I let my sis go in first, because I had to find a parking space (to which I had to parked in the spaces on the road leading up to the Strongsville Police Department) and arrived minute before Joe Hill was announced to start. I was looking around in the front entrance of the library wondering where was the event taking place and when I saw the table set-up with the books for Horns I walked up to a guy standing in the doorway and asked, "Is this room for Joe Hill?" and with a cheezy-grin he nodded and I further asked, "Can I still enter or do we have to watch out here?". He and older-lady smiled and quietly acknowledge that I was still permitted to enter and then I saw my sis across the room, waving and pointing, and I did my small-wave of thanks to the lady and guy and walked around back, ducking also for the camera in the back, and made it to my sis.

When I got to my sis... she slightly elbowed me hard and whispered, "I hate you! You would be the one to walk up to a famous person and just think they are a regular person and have a conversation with them and not figure for one sec who they probably are. Do you not know who you was just speaking with?"

I whispered, "No, I was just talking to that guy, because I thought that we had to watch from out there since it was about to start".

Wow you had a great strategy to meet Joe Hill and didn't even know it.

Note to self: Be late for next signing!

awesome stuff enjoyed the pics :) getting the keys signed is indeed a cool idea as well haha! That is funny you got the cgc cases signed I thought I was the only one that ever did that :D

Nope!

scan0066.jpg

Awesome pics Cheryllyn!

P.S.

Wow you had a great strategy to meet Joe Hill and didn't even know it.

Note to self: Be late for next signing!

:kidaround: Hiyo!

You say strategy... I say, "More parking spaces, please!"

P.S.

Even Vengeance can be surprised... :roflmao:

Just one of those off-the-wall looks towards someone taking a picture that you don't want to be a part of. lol

:kidaround: Hiyo!

Sorry, that would probably be my doing... Spectre must have brushed passed him when you took the picture.

P.S.

:troll: