• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your SICK Rob Granito sketches!!!!!

16 posts in this topic

I guess I'm late to the party.....what's the deal?

I have litterally had to listen to people tlak about this EVERYDAY... this whole thing is dead. This guys done in the comic industry, and the whole thing is played out.

I feel two things, first that guy got too much face time, not worth the effort or disturbance.

Two, there is now a feeling of hyper-sensitivity about crediting cover recreations or recreations of classic work. Google this "comic art fans recreations" adore all the beautifull art done by real artists and then look at each carefully. About 50% there is no "AFTER:" or credits on to the original artist. Most recreations of are iconic pieces like my Hulk 340 recreations, where most people know who did the original. The real problem here is this slippery slope... there is an 'unspoken' agreement among artists where generally you could draw any character for a commission. For example who would want to have Marvel coming after you because you did a commission of the Hulk or Thor? The problem here is that the general understanding has held or fakes like Rob get kicked out fast. I have seen artists kicked off of sketch card sets after this, and people begin to freak out about crediting with the "AFTER:"

Slippery slope... this guy is no good and there is the possibility of making some huge problems for small artists. Simple rule give credit when due and dont lie about yourself.

rantrant

I guess I'm late to the party.....what's the deal?

The deal is people aren't sharing their FAVORITE Rob Granito SKETCHES!!

This thread is DEAD!

Fine...will stop holding out

liefeldgirl1.gif

Oh my bad, that's the other Rob.

Gem Alert!!!

luke-commission.jpg

Oh YES!!! Grail

GL-pharnex.jpg

liefeldgirl2.gif

AwesomeSauce (thumbs u