• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THOR selling. Now, or after?

62 posts in this topic

The movie hype is driving the increase to an extent. Prices for JIM/Thor have languished for years. I'm biased as a JIM collector, but I thought they were undervalued.

Prices for Iron Man and TOS #39 were relatively tepid until the movies came out, and look at them now...I wish I'd picked up a few copies of TOS #39 in 2007.

The Daredevil, Hulk, and FF films weren't very successful, imo, but the comics didn't get cheaper.

If Thor does well, they could do a few sequels (fingers crossed), and if anything, the Avengers hype should drive some prices higher, but I was hoping both titles wouldn't appreciate until *after* I own them. If prices on JIM go down, I'll be a buyer :) (imitates Obi Wan Kenobi's arm gesture) "You will sell your Journey Into Mystery to me for half of FMV...Those copies of Avengers #1 & 4? You don't want to keep those..."

Daredevil and FF have reboots on the way and the Hulk`s getting a weekly love action series, really the Silver age keys will always be a good pick. (thumbs u