• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THOR selling. Now, or after?

62 posts in this topic

Always, always, always sell BEFORE the movie!

Thor or any other character!

I am of the opinion that villains or other non-main characters are definitely best to sell Before movies hit as their hype may be strongest at that point.

But main heroes should continue to rise if the movies are a hit. They may dip after the movie comes out but will in time rise again as future appearances are made in other films or due to other general comic industry hype.

UPDATE:

My THOR collection did sell. And I must say, I was SHOCKED by what they all sold for. :o

A member on here pm'd me and asked if he could buy the whole run. I told him $5K. He said that was too much. Let's just say that I am VERY happy he thought that was too much.... :banana:

It was a busy month for you! I was just going over some of the completed listings and was pleased on your behalf. A lot of happy buyers means repeat business for you in the future. I bow in your general direction, fellow Seattle collector!

Spokane in May, Bellingham Con in October...Almost a year until the next Emerald CIty Comic Con. Portland's come and gone...I don't want to hop on a plane. Sigh...

On the bright side, if I can stay off the auction sites and stop reading the member sales threads, I'll have a war chest for next year. I hope. I should start selling, not buying.

I should join the CCA (not the comics code authority, comics collectors anonymous)...

"Hi, my name is Michael, and I collect comics..."

UPDATE:

My THOR collection did sell. And I must say, I was SHOCKED by what they all sold for. :o

A member on here pm'd me and asked if he could buy the whole run. I told him $5K. He said that was too much. Let's just say that I am VERY happy he thought that was too much.... :banana:

You sold well and at the right time, Thor is in the peak next up will be the Green Lantern rush. :wishluck:

Funny thing is I didn't like thor before this movie hype, and it has me even wanting to buy some again.

I say sell before the movie hits hard. The hype looks to be in a frenzy now and has been for months.

What's the concensus on selling HG early silver Thor's? Before the movie or after?

I know it depends on if the film is a hit or not. Ironman books continued north well after the film came out. Will this do the same?

I'm asking because I have the complete UHG run, but now I'm thinking of getting many of them CGC'd.

Opinions?.....Thanks

Trey

I would sell them a week or two before the movie when the hype machines are at their highest,it really doesn`t matter if the movie is a hit or not, the prices drop within 30 days after the movie premieres as people move on to the next superhero movie of the month.

(thumbs u

Just asking here, does this really still occur? I know I've seen more Thor books on the market, but are they really selling for multiple because of a comic book movie? I know with the Batman, X-men and Spiderman movies there was a movie-hype mini bubble, but lord I hope the Hulk movies changed all that lol. I thought these mini bubbles subsided after 2008ish?

The movie hype is driving the increase to an extent. Prices for JIM/Thor have languished for years. I'm biased as a JIM collector, but I thought they were undervalued.

Prices for Iron Man and TOS #39 were relatively tepid until the movies came out, and look at them now...I wish I'd picked up a few copies of TOS #39 in 2007.

The Daredevil, Hulk, and FF films weren't very successful, imo, but the comics didn't get cheaper.

If Thor does well, they could do a few sequels (fingers crossed), and if anything, the Avengers hype should drive some prices higher, but I was hoping both titles wouldn't appreciate until *after* I own them. If prices on JIM go down, I'll be a buyer :) (imitates Obi Wan Kenobi's arm gesture) "You will sell your Journey Into Mystery to me for half of FMV...Those copies of Avengers #1 & 4? You don't want to keep those..."

What's the concensus on selling HG early silver Thor's? Before the movie or after?

I know it depends on if the film is a hit or not. Ironman books continued north well after the film came out. Will this do the same?

I'm asking because I have the complete UHG run, but now I'm thinking of getting many of them CGC'd.

Opinions?.....Thanks

Trey

I would sell them a week or two before the movie when the hype machines are at their highest,it really doesn`t matter if the movie is a hit or not, the prices drop within 30 days after the movie premieres as people move on to the next superhero movie of the month.

(thumbs u

Just asking here, does this really still occur? I know I've seen more Thor books on the market, but are they really selling for multiple because of a comic book movie? I know with the Batman, X-men and Spiderman movies there was a movie-hype mini bubble, but lord I hope the Hulk movies changed all that lol. I thought these mini bubbles subsided after 2008ish?

I can definately say that yes, there is still major hype before a movie comes out. I had a final figure in mind that I was hoping to get for all my Thors. That number was met on the 4th day of a 7 day auction! :o

Panic! Sell all of your Thor and J.I.M. comics to me! :)

So far, the film's rating 8.0/10 on imdb.com. Whether it will still rate that high 3 years later is asking a bit much, but Iron Man is 7.9 today.

I'd welcome a shift of movie hype squarely onto the Avengers at this point. Who's with me?

Panic! Sell all of your Thor and J.I.M. comics to me! :)

So far, the film's rating 8.0/10 on imdb.com. Whether it will still rate that high 3 years later is asking a bit much, but Iron Man is 7.9 today.

I'd welcome a shift of movie hype squarely onto the Avengers at this point. Who's with me?

Hooo Rah!