• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Worlds most expensive items.

63 posts in this topic

Leg of Ham

15-pound Jamon Iberico; $2,682

The most expensive leg of ham commercially available is a 15-lb Albarragena Jamon Iberico de Bellota retailing at $2,682 at the Food Hall in Sefridges, London. (Slices in image not from actual record-setting Jamon Iberico)

:cloud9:

Why they picked ham as the one food item is beyond me. Truffles sell for more than this all the time.

They should also have listed the most expensive bottle of wine.

The thing that surprised me most from the list is that the most expensive book was an Audobon book, and only $11 million. I would`ve assumed it would be some Gutenberg bible or similar medieval book.

A $1-$2 BILLION home sounds kind of unbelievable to me. Unless it can fly, defy gravity, open up a space vortex to make a rift in the space time continuum, and of course if it has a time machine than maybe.

It`s kind of misleading to describe it as a home. It`s not a typical home, it`s more like building a skyscraper and then deciding to occupy all of the floors. If the Ambanis ever moved out, the building could be used commercially.

Leg of Ham

The most expensive leg of ham commercially available is a 15-lb Albarragena Jamon Iberico de Bellota retailing at $2,682 at the Food Hall in Sefridges, London. (Slices in image not from actual record-setting Jamon Iberico)

Why they picked ham as the one food item is beyond me. Truffles sell for more than this all the time.

They should also have listed the most expensive bottle of wine.

The thing that surprised me most from the list is that the most expensive book was an Audobon book, and only $11 million. I would`ve assumed it would be some Gutenberg bible or similar medieval book.

:eyeroll:

Jamon Iberico or a prosciutto di monte = :cloud9:

A $1-$2 BILLION home sounds kind of unbelievable to me. Unless it can fly, defy gravity, open up a space vortex to make a rift in the space time continuum, and of course if it has a time machine than maybe.

It`s kind of misleading to describe it as a home. It`s not a typical home, it`s more like building a skyscraper and then deciding to occupy all of the floors. If the Ambanis ever moved out, the building could be used commercially.

Id settle for this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bill_gates%27_house.jpg

All of these prices are based on sales at auction and other public venues, or known private sales like Geffen's art. The Gutenberg bible is worth multiples of the Audubon book, but none have been sold in its complete form for decades. Similarly, the $1.5M Action #1 is obviously worth less than the MH Action #1 and there are dozens of paintings which, if sold, would fetch more than that Pollock. There are also a number of vintage cars that would sell for more than a Veyron or even the solid gold/bejeweled model.

Leg of Ham

The $55,000 tuna.

All of these prices are based on sales at auction and other public venues, or known private sales like Geffen's art. The Gutenberg bible is worth multiples of the Audubon book, but none have been sold in its complete form for decades. Similarly, the $1.5M Action #1 is obviously worth less than the MH Action #1 and there are dozens of paintings which, if sold, would fetch more than that Pollock. There are also a number of vintage cars that would sell for more than a Veyron or even the solid gold/bejeweled model.

I understand that. I was just surprised that a Gutenberg bible or some similarly major book had not sold publicly for more than $11 million.

1 litre of gas, tonight, $1.29 ......WTF?

Crazy, id'nit?

We can only dream of those fuel prices in the UK.

Just filled up at £1.39 (about $2.25) per litre

$0.69 a litre when i moved here 5 years ago...however, in the UK i lived in Brighton and worked in Camden...bit of a distance and i got free rail....my car didn't move for three four days at a time. my gas bill for the month was less than 20 quid...i spend $400 a month on gas here...

Agreed 100 percent! a prime example of what would fetch for more than that Pollock is the Mona Lisa.

image_64477_v2_m56577569830685176.jpg

Agreed 100 percent! a prime example of what would fetch for more than that Pollock is the Mona Lisa.

I wonder what a Gutengerg Bible would go for ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It was interesting to read many of the comments other readers had posted below the article. Collectors and non-collectors just don't understand each other. Here is one I liked:

"All I see is a butt-ugly house, a butt-ugly painting, and a bunch of old junk that should have been thrown out years ago. If these people had an ounce of decency, they would have taken their billions of dollars and helped needy children who don't have enough to eat, are being abused, or are suffering from health ailments they cant afford to treat. What a sad lot they are"

I wonder what a Gutengerg Bible would go for ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ah yes, the famous Gutengerg Bible... :makepoint: Sometimes typos are priceless.

The Gutenberg Bible: "Only twenty-one complete copies survive, and they are considered by many sources to be the most valuable books in the world, even though a completed copy has not been sold since 1978 ($2.2 million)". I think you would be looking at $50-100 million for a quality complete edition.

it's insured for over $700 million. I've been to paris and seen the painting. it truly has stood the tests of time.

for those of you that think dentist dave anderson is a big shot in comics (which he is), consider the late art collector Lillie Bliss . She donated most of what is seen in New York's M.O.M. She had most valuable of the picasso and van gogh. If she were still living no doubt she'd be one of the richest people in the world

it's insured for over $700 million. I've been to paris and seen the painting. it truly has stood the tests of time.

I'd have made an offer for it... but no way, since it's been restored. (This photo has cropped off the PLOD at top of the painting).'