• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If they are, should CGC refrain from dealing with Robojo/Danny D/Perry Stroud?

80 posts in this topic

Judging by the amount of CGC books he sells he must have an account with them. Should they refrain all dealings with him?

He could be submitting under a different name but the shipping address would give him away.

Or he could be submitting through a local comic shop.

Was just wondering......

Judging by the amount of CGC books he sells he must have an account with them. Should they refrain all dealings with him?

He could be submitting under a different name but the shipping address would give him away.

Or he could be submitting through a local comic shop.

Was just wondering......

No way. I want ALL of their books going through CGC.

How else are we supposed to catch them? CGC will give those books more scrutiny (by a factor of a 1,000) than they will get as raw books on ebay or on a convention floor.

Let them submit everything and revel in their sea of plods.

All I know is they better be judging his books with a very discerning eye if he is subbing.

Considering the CGC graders don't know who the books belong to, and they are impartial, why would they pay special attention to his?

All I know is they better be judging his books with a very discerning eye if he is subbing.

Considering the CGC graders don't know who the books belong to, and they are impartial, why would they pay special attention to his?

I'm sure like in any business, there are certain people that businesses will not do business with. It's up to each business to use their own discretion with whom they would do business with.

Even though the graders do not know who's books are being received the administrative staff who does the unpackaging and invoicing would.

Yeah but why would it matter? He's a paying customer and they are providing a service.

This is true and it's another one of those cases where you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Damned if CGC support a known con artist by helping him sell his wares.

Damned if CGC don't use their powers for good to protect the public.

In the end, even a banned person can come back and submit under another name much like a shill would return here.

Where the hell does he get all these books anyways???

I was just looking at his auctions yesterday and he ALWAYS has multiple SA keys in pretty HG. That scumbag sure has a freaking GREAT connection cus he has a never ending supply of major keys (shrug)

That is an excellent point that I overlooked. doh!

I'm sure like in any business, there are certain people that businesses will not do business with. It's up to each business to use their own discretion with whom they would do business with.

Even though the graders do not know who's books are being received the administrative staff who does the unpackaging and invoicing would.

That's also an excellent point. lol

The upfront (non- grading) staff should avoid his biz like the plague.

Maybe I missed somehing here....but what does CGC have to do with this ? Doesn't this fellow BUY books that are ALREADY slabbed and then remove them and sell them raw ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. To be honest, I've removed a few books from slabs and sold them as a higher grade, because, frankly, they were.

This is sort of a gray area for me ethically. I definately have seen books that I think should have been graded higher by CGC. If I were to crack one and sell it, I think that I would feel obligated to tell the buyer its CGC history.

If I was a buyer, I would definately like to know. I may well agree with the higher grade and price, but I think disclosure would be best. Obviously, this is an easier thing to do in person, when the buyer can hold a book in hand and determine the grade for themselves.

Otherwise, I would run the risk of sliding down the slope to robojo-land.

Note- I'm not trying to question your ethics. Just trying to work out my own.

P.S. To be honest, I've removed a few books from slabs and sold them as a higher grade, because, frankly, they were.

He also gets books consigned to him, which he can buy outright.

As a recent customer of "Perry" aka Dan Dupcak (I bought a raw Avengers #3), I'm a bit nervous about how the book will do...It's currently in the grading pipeline at CGC.

I was selling books to Darren at Pristine comics (local dealer for my area--you know, the one with all the Stan Lee signed books) and he told me a horror story of dealing with robojo33 after I mentioned that I was considering sending my books off for consignment. He encouraged me to come to the boards here. It didn't take me long to find posts with links like:

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/

Ay Carumba! That's the price I pay for being off the boards for an extended period of time (I was focused on Business School). Dupcak's apparently (allegedly) been committing fraud for *years* and all I saw was his 100% feedback rating as robojo33...

Now that I'm back on the boards, still a relative babe in the woods, not a day goes by that someone doesn't mention robojo or bijoubaby05. Check out this description for Incredible Hulk #1:

Features: 1st Appearance of the Incredible Hulk

Grade: In my opinion this comic is in 9.0 shape. There is a small amount of color touch on the cover of the comic. It doesn't detract anything away from this beautiful comic.

Page Quality: Off-White/White

source:

http://itsalljustcomics.com/2011/01/23/high-comics-related-item-for-the-week-ending-2011-1-22-incredible-hulk-1/

At least the color touch was disclosed...

Information is power. The last thing that a fraudster wants is for their fraud to be exposed. Should he be banned from submitting books to the CGC? Is he using his sales to unwitting dupes <-----like me, to test the boundaries of CGC's ability to detect restoration? I worry.

I'll post a thread on the grade I receive back for the Av #3. (I also have a PGX book in the pipeline at CGC, and I'm curious to see if it will come back with the same grade, but that's OT).