• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Prices

10 posts in this topic

Hi all

Little help needed, someone posted a sheet that showed percentages paid for the top grades, it said like 10.0 gets 1200% guide as an example.

Has someone out there got one to post for me.

Thanks

Danny

You know, I really hate that list. 893frustrated.gif

Somehow it makes people think they can sell their CGC 9.6 Moderns for 509% of Wizard/OS prices.

Yeah right. 27_laughing.gif

"Comics Published Before 1990".

The OS price is $5 and they might get $30 for CGC 9.6? Yeah, that's horribly bad. grin.gif

The OS price is $5 and they might get $30 for CGC 9.6? Yeah, that's horribly bad. grin.gif

I'm referring more to those "limited, speckle-foil, hand-wrapped" POS books that Wizard lists at $100, and you can't get $5 for on EBay.

Some insufficiently_thoughtful_person gets back a CGC 9.8 of one of those, picks up CBG, and thinks he's won the lottery.

I'm referring more to those "limited, speckle-foil, hand-wrapped" POS books that Wizard lists at $100, and you can't get $5 for on EBay.

Some insufficiently_thoughtful_person gets back a CGC 9.8 of one of those, picks up CBG, and thinks he's won the lottery.

While I agree that those books don't deserve +2566%, +509%, etc...

the scanned page above clearly states "Comics Published Before 1990"...

which makes the whole reference "speckle-free".

I know you're a Valiant fan, but surely you saw some of the crapola that was being pushed out in the 80's?

Are you trying to say that my Uncanny X-men #300 CGC 9.8 isn't worth a $100 bucks 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Xmen300cgc.jpg

Say it aint so JC......say it aint so sorry.gif

I know you're a Valiant fan, but surely you saw some of the crapola that was being pushed out in the 80's?

Yep... but I'd say Spider-man #1 (1990) was the beginning of the "variant cover festival".

Most 1980s "crapola books" don't list for more than $10 anyway...

which means even the highest CGC graded books aren't breaking any banks.

The "learning curve" will never be eliminated anyway...

so if people have to learn by losing some cash on 1980s high grade,

that's still better than dropping a couple thousand on RRPs.