• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 4-minute trailer for Green Lantern movie

75 posts in this topic

I think Nathan Fillion would have made a better hal :) Perhaps ryan would have made a better kyle .... Still this trailer looks ok ... it should be entertaining if anything far be it from anything even remotely comic accurate

Remember this:

If the comic books fans don't like it,they'll tell their non-comic book friends to skip it 2c

Most comic book fans don't have non-comic book friends :gossip:

That's why they come on here. :insane:

Remember this:

If the comic books fans don't like it,they'll tell their non-comic book friends to skip it 2c

Most comic book fans don't have non-comic book friends :gossip:

That's why they come on here. :insane:

Oh,I forgot about that doh!

:roflmao:

Certainly looks like an amazing movie...the music and the serious tone make it seem like a better film than the wacky previews we saw earlier.

Still, just a little too much CGI for my liking. I think it's maybe the quality of the CGI that I have trouble getting past.

Hopefully, I can get past that in the theatres.

I certainly agree. The music set to this trailer really did it for me and gave the trailer that epic movie feeling. I just hope that the epic feel is spread throughout the movie and isn't limited to thet trailer. I wasn't excited about the GL movie but I wanted it to be wrong. This trailer gives me new hope and excitement.

I know nothing about the GL universe but that looked pretty damn good to me.

From 1 to 10 my GL knowledge is about a 3.

I'm mostly a Marvel guy.

Had to watch that trailer three times... :luhv:

So am I a hopeless nerdly fanboy who needs a bath? :ohnoez:

In the trailer Abin Sur said Hal Jordan was the first GL chosen from the planet Earth...

Wasn't Alan Scott from Earth?

details smetails..like movies for comic books ever go by the books continuity..

I mean that would mean they would be respecting Mart Nodell..following what he started..but really

they just want to make some money off a Super Hero movie

they could give a hoot less if they followed any storylines we know and love to the letter.. *sighs*

damn money hungry ..so and sos

they keep ruining my favorite heroes with carp movies..

I go into GL expecting nothing..except to maybe be mocked MORE in the future for having a Green Lantern wedding..

I can head it now "Oh Green Lantern like in the movies???"

"No not like the movies..like the comic books.."

I have learned from past experience no matter how cool the trailer looks..

doesn't mean the movie will live up to it..

we just have to wait and see..

I know nothing about the GL universe but that looked pretty damn good to me.

From 1 to 10 my GL knowledge is about a 3.

I'm mostly a Marvel guy.

Had to watch that trailer three times... :luhv:

So am I a hopeless nerdly fanboy who needs a bath? :ohnoez:

If you have to ask you probably do need a bath..WITH SOAP..and maybe wash your hair..

unless you are married then your wife probably makes sure you are well groomed..

Of course I may be the only stickler in the universe who gives a damn about continuity of a movie or TV vs the original stories said movies etc are taken from..

Who cares if in the book the character dies on the third page..the audience loves him and we hate to kill him off now he has a fan base...

Who cares if Alan Scott was the original and from Earth..he didn't look so much like ryan reynolds..so we went with another GL.

But I was telling my husband..if my book took off and Showtime or HBO or Warner brothers came up and said

"Hey we like your storyline we'd like to back a truckload of cash and fullfill your dream of having a money bin to swim in..only catch is we will totally bastardize your original manuscript..wreck your timeline, knock off certain characters and change the main theme of the entire book..is that Okay?"

"I can actually row a boat in my lake of cash?"

"Oh sure!"

"However your murdering villian we are turning him into a sort of anti hero who doesn't get beaten up by the hero actually he kills the hero right up front."

"a. lake. of. cash?"

"Yep 100 dollar bills"

"Okay where do I sign?"

"Right here in blood."

"Alrighty done and done."

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fluffs and rolls in lake of cash Yipeeeeeeee"