• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

245 posts in this topic

Stupid question but.....

What makes the modern GL's so high?

I am guessing movie hype and holdover interest from Blackest Night :shrug: Actually, I am not a modern person so if my pricing is way off on any of the moderns I list let me know

:gossip: A local LCS was selling off all of its inventory so I just grabbed a bunch of books I thought might be flippable...guess we will find out lol

I wonder that myself...

Any FF, graded FF? :popcorn:

Not tonight my friend, but I will be glad to dig through the shortboxes tommorrow and see if I can turn any up...know I have a good number of SA issues...17, 48, 50 all in the neighborhood of VG to F and a few others if I remember correctly. Drop me a line if you are looking for something in particular. If not, I will throw a couple up at random tommorrow :foryou:

Stupid question but.....

Actually, I am guessing movie hype and holdover interest from Blackest Night :shrug: Actually, I am not a modern person so if my pricing is way off on any of the moderns I list let me know

:gossip: A local LCS was selling off all of its inventory so I just grabbed a bunch of books I thought might be flippable...guess we will find out lol

These books are pretty expensive on ebay.

Stupid question but.....

Actually, I am guessing movie hype and holdover interest from Blackest Night :shrug: Actually, I am not a modern person so if my pricing is way off on any of the moderns I list let me know

These books are pretty expensive on ebay.

Yeah, that is kind of what I used to guide my pickups...got some GLs, Grimm Fairy Tales, Futurama, Birds of Prey, etc.

Superman 128

CGC 4.5 CROW pages

***This arrived in a slab with multiple cracks...tossed the shell and it remains within the inner well...no damage to the book as near as I can tell, but definitely not fully slabbed :doh:

And the arrival of the hula hoop death machine signifies a new low for Snake Eyes.

Will the thread recover? Will Superman realize that his Superman powers really can help him escape?? For the love of God, buy this book and get it the hell out of my man cave so you can find out :ohnoez:

Asking $50 :shrug:

supes128.jpg

Futurama 1

NMish land

Again with the moderns, and me being clueless. eBay BINs look way high to me, and my cost basis is low so let's see how it does at a Jackson and change :shrug:

Asking $25 for flying cyclops goodness :whee:

futurama1.jpg

Playboy August 1956 (v3n8)

Looks like a VG/F to me :shrug:

Art is like good and stuff...you should learn more about art. Why not now? Now is a good time to start (thumbs u

Asking $15 for Eisenhower American as apple pie magazine fantasticness :sumo:

v3n8.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 91

Looks like another VG/F to me :shrug:

To smash the spider...they gonna squash him good!!! :sumo:

Stupid spider guts on sumo shoe :P

Asking half-guide goodness at $12

asm91.jpg

I see that some lots sold really low. But there are some sets around 18-20 that are listed really high, but none have actually sold.

I don't mean to bust balls, I just wanted to know what was warranting such a high price. I honestly don't know what makes those books significant.

Birds of Prey 8

And we are back in the land of NM goodness

So clearly a more expensive modern...what is the deal with this book? I honestly have no idea why it is going for the big bucks, but let's see if I can cash in on my ignorance :cloud9:

Asking 333% guide goodness at $50 :eek:

bird8.jpg

I see that some lots sold really low. But there are some sets around 18-20 that are listed really high, but none have actually sold.

I don't mean to bust balls, I just wanted to know what was warranting such a high price. I honestly don't know what makes those books significant.

No harm done at all, I actually welcome the conversation since I need to learn a bit more about this end of the market (thumbs u Like I said, moderns baffle me (see the Birds of Prey above) Just a note to all, feel free to make offers if I am out of line on anything, promise my feelings will not be hurt.

Birds of Prey 1

And more NM goodness

Anyone remember that horrible TV series from about ten years back :P This book is not the same thing at all...seriously, I promise it will not make you taste vomit in your mouth (thumbs u

Asking $10

bird1.jpg

What's that you say, for the love of Galactus sell something you understand better? OK, can do...

Vampirella 1

Lean towards VG+

Now here we have some quality...the lady knows how to pull off bad girl with attitude. Damn I need to arrange for a vacation to Drakulon hm

Asking $130

vampi1.jpg