• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #30

17 posts in this topic

That's a solid 9.0,maybe even better. (thumbs u

I would tend to agree...the moisture stain is small and "controlled" and faint...the other overall presentation of the book is very strong... :headbang:

If it came back an 8.5 I'd understand but definitely a shot at 9.0 in my mind...

That's a solid 9.0,maybe even better. (thumbs u

I would tend to agree...the moisture stain is small and "controlled" and faint...the other overall presentation of the book is very strong... :headbang:

If it came back an 8.5 I'd understand but definitely a shot at 9.0 in my mind...

:wishluck:

Stunning as the front looks, with the moisture issue I wonder if these grades are a touch optimistic.

Are the whitish areas top/bottom of back cover part of the moisture effect? ... and is there something of a "tide line" along the bottom edge as well?

I am going against the grain here with a 7.5 because of the moisture stain. I don't recall seeing any slabs with that flaw above 7.5. It would be interesting to know the grade when and if this book is graded. :popcorn:

I'm sorry but have those of you that said 9.0 ever submitted a book with a water stain ? Trust me, CGC hammers water stains. I have never seen a book with water stain get an 8.0 . My guess is 7.0, 7.5 at best.

Stunning as the front looks, with the moisture issue I wonder if these grades are a touch optimistic.

Are the whitish areas top/bottom of back cover part of the moisture effect? ... and is there something of a "tide line" along the bottom edge as well?

The whitish areas are an effect from the scanner I used, don't know how to change it. I'm thinking 7.5 myself.

i was going to say 8.0 until i saw bill's assessment.

I once submitted a book that I thought was a slam dunk 9.6. It came back 7.5 due a similar (but larger) spot on the left edge of the fc. Totally missed it when I sent it due to the dark area on the fc.

Think this one has a chance at 8.0 but I'm not sure how CGC will down grade it (shrug) . If not for the stain this one would have be an easy 9.4, but it's not so :frustrated: .