• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gaines FC Haunt Of Fear #26 OW 9.0 w/Cert. Don't Be A Red Dupe!

10 posts in this topic

This is just for fun, you see. If no one's interested I'm going to crack this baby and read it, just to see if I'm a Red Dupe or not.

The book's been in this old-style blue label for probably ten or more years. It is a Gaines File copy of Haunt Of Fear #26, July 1954, in 9.0 with OW, 7 out of 12, and comes with the Certificate! It is still in it's original slab. After looking it over, the spine shows three small spine stresses that would probably bring the grade down if re-submitted to CGC. The colors on the cover are out of this world. Also, this same book is listed in the HA as selling in 2002.

Yours for $1,100.00. Add $10.00 for postage. USA and mausoleums only. PayPal add 3%. Check/MO OK. :takeit: takes the Old Witch home to the Crypt. PMs OK too.

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

The cracking open will begin in four hours at noon, PST, thus ending the sale. Thanks to all.

I can't wait to see what a Gaines copy feels and smells like. Mmmmm. I'll show the pics on the Golden Age blog soon.

The Gaines book smell wonderful. I can't describe it. They smell like new books, just off the presses with a hint of the NY city closet they were stored in. The do smell different that other high grade pedigree type books I have owned. It's distinctive to me..