• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what flick is going to the Cash Cow of 2011???

So what flick is going to the Cash Cow of 2011???  

597 members have voted

1. 1. So what flick is going to the Cash Cow of 2011???

95 posts in this topic

Cars 2- trailer looks awful but doesn't matter. $400MM domestic B.O.

My sleeper is Super 8.

Green Lantern still looks like a stinker to me- Ryan Reynolds is all wrong. The scene in the trailer where he's talking to the lantern is not good.

I think Harry Potter will be the big winner. Every Potter movie has grossed over $300million domestically and over $500million worldwide and I don't see the last movie doing any differently. Maybe even more since it's the last one.

so which ones are you definitely going ot to go see this summer?

hm

As most of you know already, with a kid it is way to costly to see all the movies you want

with babysitter, tix, and concession costs etc, etc.

I will more than likely go see Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2 because I will be taking my boy.

BUt aside form that I have a good group of comic buds that want to go see Thor

and I will be taking the wife to see Cap and maybe HP finale on Imax...

Other than that it might wait for video.

I believe it was the Fandango website that took a poll at the end of 2010 asking for the most anticipated movie of 2011. For both men and women, it was Harry Potter. I think the third 'Twilight' installment was second for the ladies.

I believe Harry Potter will definitely run away with the box office sales. At least its the final installment of that franchise (I hope.) How old is that Radcliffe guy now anyways?

Cash cow?

Some stupid modestly-budgeted horror flick released in September-October.

They'll be a new franchise-starter a la "Saw" or "Paranormal Activity" that gets made for $20 million and pulls in 7-8x that amount.

There's no way Cap is going to do that well.

I've observed a lot of mockery of Captain America while watching Marvel vs Capcom tournaments, which is interesting. For non-comic people, it seems that the concept just seems really corny and overly nationalistic.

There's no way Cap is going to do that well.

I've observed a lot of mockery of Captain America while watching Marvel vs Capcom tournaments, which is interesting. For non-comic people, it seems that the concept just seems really corny and overly nationalistic.

That's because you're Canadian! :makepoint:

Sisterhood of the traveling pants 4 will kill the box office!!!! I wonder if Emma will finally marry Ryan, or if Samantha will finally get things in order? hm Maybe Johnathan will let Meagan know how he reeeeeeeeally feels...... ;)