• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what flick is going to the Cash Cow of 2011???

So what flick is going to the Cash Cow of 2011???  

597 members have voted

1. 1. So what flick is going to the Cash Cow of 2011???

95 posts in this topic

Could Cars 2 be the first dud by Pixar???

I think it will still do very well, but the critics aren't being too kind to it...

hm

this saddens but doesn't surprise me. looked like a cash grab from day one. box office champ looks like it's either transformers or HP

I took my 4 year old to see it and he wanted to take 6 bathroom breaks throughout the movie

meaning he found the flushing urinals more entertaining and honestly I don't blame him.

:P

With all the movie buffs on the Boards, why am I, who is not a movie buff by any means especially (Granted I love movies way more than tv and have logged many

hours with cinema) compared to the lot of you. Feeling alone upon hearing or reading from quite a few "movie number crunching professionals," that HARRRRY Potter's domestic, gross, worldwide, yada-yada-yada, will more than likely break many records? Even without "movie sales professionals" gossiping this, come on, how are any of these other movies this summer in the same ball park as the grand finale of the wand waiving lads and lasses?

PS. +2 for the Cap sentiment. Wish it remotely possible. Suprising though.... since he can be Captain of any Country Marvel can whore him out to.

With all the movie buffs on the Boards, why am I, who is not a movie buff by any means. Granted I love movies way more than tv, but I know so little compared to the lot of you. Am I the only one who has read or heard from quite a few "movie number crunching professionals," that HARRRRY Potter's domestic, gross, worldwide, yada-yada-yada, will more than likely break many records? Even without "movie sales professionals gossiping this, come on, how are any of these other movies this summer in the same ball park as the grand finale of the wand waiving lads and lasses?

PS. +2 for the Cap setiment. Especially since he can be Captain of any Country Marvel can whore him out to.

what does this mean? the poll was done in April and HP was the top vote getter.

With all the movie buffs on the Boards, why am I, who is not a movie buff by any means. Granted I love movies way more than tv, but I know so little compared to the lot of you. Am I the only one who has read or heard from quite a few "movie number crunching professionals," that HARRRRY Potter's domestic, gross, worldwide, yada-yada-yada, will more than likely break many records? Even without "movie sales professionals gossiping this, come on, how are any of these other movies this summer in the same ball park as the grand finale of the wand waiving lads and lasses?

PS. +2 for the Cap setiment. Especially since he can be Captain of any Country Marvel can whore him out to.

Don't think this ones going to be even remotely close!! Harry Potter will crush the competition but I'd much rather see CAP have a strong showing.

TF over $645mil World Wide and going strong. It will lose ground to Harry Potter, but They are both going to make the most this summer. Only movie left is Captain America with any power.

They talking Oscar for Potter though. Lots are talking Oscar

Check out Box office Mojo if you want to keep up.

For Now get you some:: tCp90.gif

what does this mean? the poll was done in April and HP was the top vote getter.

As usual, not too much. I just noticed this thread was still on the front page and as you noted the poll dictated Harry Potter was chosen the winner. So besides Transformers earning second spot this summer with some decent stats, not one movie will be remotely sniffing Hermione's granny pantie. Just the lucky thread to get me adding 2 cents tonight I guess.

One thing that Harrys Demographic is the lowest is in Asian Countries. Where TF is the highest. However, TF could out shine Potter in those markets. So its going to be close to the top movie of the summer.

92 million for Potter's first day. Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed.

going to blow DK's opening weekend record out of the water. the question is whether it'll have enough staying power to keep Cap from having even one weekend as #1. HP looking $185mm this weekend. even down 60% next weekend, and Cap would have to do $75mm to be #1. don't know if that's doable; the reviews will have to be pretty good.

92 million for Potter's first day. Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed.

going to blow DK's opening weekend record out of the water. the question is whether it'll have enough staying power to keep Cap from having even one weekend as #1. HP looking $185mm this weekend. even down 60% next weekend, and Cap would have to do $75mm to be #1. don't know if that's doable; the reviews will have to be pretty good.

Cap is an afterthought to HP mania, small chance it overtakes it. They took a risk putting it a week after HP and they probably miscalculated. Then again i bet even WB couldn't have imagined the reviews and box office results the movie is getting, it's gonna break a lot of records by the time it's done.

Saw Harry and the gang last night, good flick. Amazing how lighthearted the first one was compared to the Deathly Hallows part deux. I was surprised how dark and heavy it actually turned out to be. Not a kiddie movie in my eyes. The big battle scene had a LOTR aura to it, I was impressed and entertained. I have to say IMHO not a bad conclusion.

PS (WTF was up with that Fetus looking think under the bench with Harry and Dumbledorff?!?! That was some freaky, creepy stuff!!)

PS (WTF was up with that Fetus looking think under the bench with Harry and Dumbledorff?!?! That was some freaky, creepy stuff!!)

That was one of the Voldemort horcruxes that Harry had to shed to totally defeat Voldermort

once and for all.

The real answer is that 2011 is simply not going to have a mega-blockbuster like a "Dark Knight" or "Avatar".

doh!lol:screwy:

A big opening weekend does not a mega-blockbuster make. What separated "DK" and "Avatar" from the rest of the field is that they opened big and then continued to drop by well less than 50% week after week.

If HP drops by less than 50% next weekend, then I'll reconsider my prognosis. But the history of HP has been big opening weekends as all the impatient kiddies demand immediate gratification, and then big drop-offs.