• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the Official MARC HEMPEL sketch and sig series op

16 posts in this topic

Marc Hempel, creator of the indy title GREGORY, Tug & Buster and artist on SANDMAN (see "The Kindly Ones" storyline), also co-creator with Mark Wheatley and artist on BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT (Apple Comics, 1985 and now just recently announced film development deal---:gossip:Jack the Ripper vs Dracula :gossip:) and also co-artist with Wheatley on Comico's JONNY QUEST series in the 1980s---is offering a sketch op exclusive to board members.

These prices do not include grading and shipping--please provide your own sketch cover.

BUST ONLY

Pencil ---------------------------- $60.00 (additional busts: $35 each [limit3])

Ink --------------------------------- $85.00 (add'l $45 ea.)

Ink & gray tones ------------- $110.00 (add'l $50 ea.)

Ink & full color (limit 5) ----- $260.00 (add'l $75 ea.)

FULL FIGURE

Pencil ---------------------------- $70.00 (additional figures: $40 each [limit 6])

Ink ------------------------------- $110.00 (add'l $60 ea.)

Ink & gray tones ------------- $135.00 (add'l $85 ea.)

Ink & full color (limit 5) ----- $325.00 (add'l $110 ea.)

OTHER

Signature ------------------------- $15

Add small head sketch ------- $35

***ALSO! Marc has some select high grade file copies of his run from SANDMAN, aprrox 10 cps each (direct from the publisher to him upon publication).

I've seen the books myself, and they all look NM/NM+ with 9.8 potential.

He's offering those up signed for s/s for $25 each.

These include SANDMAN #57-61, 63, 65-69. (Oddly enough, he didn't work on 63 & 64)

I'm a fan of his work on Jonny Quest and MARS! which he also did with Wheately for FIRST Comics in the 1980s, and if you haven't seen his work on his Sandman run, it's really worth checking out.

**SIDE NOTE---all you Sandman fans---Dave McKean is usually at SDCC, and that might be a good double s/s op since he did the covers.

Any questions, please PM me.

UPDATE!

Finally.

I've heard from Marc, he's got all but one in various stages of completion, and whoever has the one with Deadpool is what he's working on now.

That leaves just ONE that he still needs to work on from front to back and I'm pushing very hard to have him wrap this up asap.

My thanks to all who took part in this op, and I appreciate your patience (as I am sure, does Marc.)

Here is mine. For those that never read Sandman, this is Lucien, the Librarian, and Merv Pumpkinhead, the caretaker. After getting this back, I am really thinking about getting more Sandman sketches this year.

IMG00701-20111209-2038.jpg