• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice needed from fellow board members

73 posts in this topic

Am texting with Jamie now. He tells me the Naperville store manager said to send it back to that store for a full refund. Go ahead and send it tomorrow, feel free to reference my messages here. Jamie's a good guy, just very busy.

Wow, I don't know how to thank you. That was very quick and insanely helpful. I will call the store tomorrow and have it in the mail in the afternoon. Thank you, truly.

Given their lack of responsiveness so far, and somewhat dodgy reputation, I`m not sure I would just unconditionally send the book back to them without having a direct commitment to you from Graham, and even then, you might be better off if you could have a honest third party who exchanges your book for the refund check simultaneously.

Otherwise, I could easily see this devolving into a situation where you return the book unilaterally and then in a month`s time there`s a new thread about the fact that you haven`t received your refund yet, despite all your follow-up efforts. Meanwhile, he`s got the bird in hand and you`ve got nothing.

Nah, don't worry about it. I'll make sure it goes through. (thumbs u

Am texting with Jamie now. He tells me the Naperville store manager said to send it back to that store for a full refund. Go ahead and send it tomorrow, feel free to reference my messages here. Jamie's a good guy, just very busy.

Wow, I don't know how to thank you. That was very quick and insanely helpful. I will call the store tomorrow and have it in the mail in the afternoon. Thank you, truly.

Given their lack of responsiveness so far, and somewhat dodgy reputation, I`m not sure I would just unconditionally send the book back to them without having a direct commitment to you from Graham, and even then, you might be better off if you could have a honest third party who exchanges your book for the refund check simultaneously.

Otherwise, I could easily see this devolving into a situation where you return the book unilaterally and then in a month`s time there`s a new thread about the fact that you haven`t received your refund yet, despite all your follow-up efforts. Meanwhile, he`s got the bird in hand and you`ve got nothing.

If you can't trust Ron Jeremy...

If you can't trust Ron Jeremy...

It`s not a case of trusting Dan, whom I totally trust. But legally speaking, Dan is not a party to this transaction, unless he signs on to become Jamie`s guarantor and thus becomes personally liable if Jamie fails to fulfill his end of the deal.

Otherwise, if the deal goes south, all he can do is what any of the rest of us can do, which is to try to persuade Jamie to do the right thing.

Unless Dan has pictures of Jamie or something else that gives him real leverage. hm

Perhaps FD doing the return?Dont know if he has the time but his rep is stellar

PM me, if I can help you with the seller (I know most of them), I will.

-Steve

Heritage is VERY lucky to have you, no joke. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ok, Dan has been a big help via PM and set up the return for me. I'm going to speak to the store manager this afternoon and send the book on its way. Hopefully this will all end in a positive way by the end of the week. I just wanted to say thank you to Steve, Dan, and everyone else who helped me get this stuff straightened out. I will update once everything is finalized.

Jamie

Just wanted to let everyone know that with the help of Steve and Dan, the book was returned and Jamie Graham gave me a refund on the book. A big thank you to Steve and Dan for all their help as well as all the forum members who provided me with their guidance.

And, I'm happy to report that through the help of another boardie, I was able to find another copy. So, alls well that ends well! :grin:

Did you get re-imbursed for the sig and grading costs?

Glad you're happy but wow that was hard, why do things like these never really go smooth, or is that just my experiance (shrug)