• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Deep Discount Sales Thread! Now with DEEPER DISCOUNTS!

463 posts in this topic

Four Color 664

All right, let's see a show of hands, how many of you grew up on Walt Disney's Davy Crockett with Fess Parker as the star?

(Catrick raises his own hand)

Here's a copy of Davy Crockett in the Great Keelboat Race, as Davy fights and bests Big Mike Fink!

Sharp copy, flat and square, clean, white pages, tight spine and CF. Minor general wear, along with some spine stress lines and one tiny ink chip by Davy's shirtsleeve. Nice and glossy.

O'street F is $40, relive your youthful glory days for $25

fc664.jpg

And I just drove past Fess Parker's resort to get to work today! Coincidence? hmI think not. Buy this book or I will tell Fess you passed him up! He'll come riding in on his horsey and bludgeon you in the head! :makepoint:

Okay, next up is a stand alone item, Tupenny and Greggy can go to the mat to take this one!

Barbie dress patterns....from 1961! That's right, 50 years old, uncut patterns, original packaging, and a mere two years after Barbie first hit the buying public.

I opened it up and inspected things, there are still six full patterns, plus the "Barbie Sewing Book" , a "book" of six whole pages, lol

There just CAN'T be many of these left around, but I have zero use for it, so I'm sending it on its way. $25 takes it home.

barbiefront.jpg

barbieback.jpg

:takeit::blush:

Four Color 625

Here's a sweet copy of True-Life Adventure Beaver Valley. Is there a FC collector on the Boards that hasn't snagged a copy of this one yet? If so, you can grab this pretty one for $10.

fc625.jpg

:takeit:

Four Color 664

All right, let's see a show of hands, how many of you grew up on Walt Disney's Davy Crockett with Fess Parker as the star?

(Catrick raises his own hand)

Here's a copy of Davy Crockett in the Great Keelboat Race, as Davy fights and bests Big Mike Fink!

Sharp copy, flat and square, clean, white pages, tight spine and CF. Minor general wear, along with some spine stress lines and one tiny ink chip by Davy's shirtsleeve. Nice and glossy.

O'street F is $40, relive your youthful glory days for $25

fc664.jpg

And I just drove past Fess Parker's resort to get to work today! Coincidence? hmI think not. Buy this book or I will tell Fess you passed him up! He'll come riding in on his horsey and bludgeon you in the head! :makepoint:

WHAT!!! Bludgeon? NEVER!

Fess would sit you down and give you a firm-but-friendly talking to first, LONG before the bludgeon came into play!

You didn't acknowledge the non- Tracy marble purchase. :censored:

Holy Crow, you DID snag 'em! Hopalong Cassidy Marbles Have Galloped Home To Greggy!

SOLD!

...and my personal Marbles have been scrambled for years. Years I tells ya!

(Sticks tongue out at Sky, reaches for another scotch)

Next up are a couple of Golden Press books.

First up is Around The World In 80 Days, from 1957

A pictorial representation of the David Niven movie, this thing is absolutely beautiful.

Flat, clean, square, white pages, the only flaws I can find are a NCB stress line along the FC spine, where the book cover has been opened, and what appears to be a tiny chip off the lower RH FC, whiff of shelf wear along the FC lower edge. It's possible that none of these will be visible in the scan.

This isn't precisely a comic book although it's listed in O'Street, (See Golden Picture Classics) it has a text piece on each page, with one or two large color illustrations per page.

O'street top end price is $70, that's probably a fair retail value for this copy. I'm asking $35. SOLD!

1605aroundtheworld..jpg

Star Trek The Enterprise Logs Vol 1

Front cover is nice with some very minor general wear, back cover has a bit of rubbing along the spine, and a stacking crease along the LH edge and across the top, as if it had set one something somewhat smaller for a while. NCB, but it's certainly there.

This copy can be yours for $15! SOLD!

enterpriselog.j.jpg

Okay, break time, I'll be back in an hour or so.

First up, a half dozen or so precode crime books, followed by some Atlas!

....and I'm back for real.

All-Famous Police Cases 15

L B Cole art on a nice garish cover. Touch of rubbing along spine, small water stain upper LH FC, general wear. That's about it. O'street is $16 in G, this is certainly better than a G. $10 takes it SOLD!

allfamouspolice.jpg

All-True Crime 38

Scarcer Atlas book from 1950, 52 pager in pretty decent shape.

Couple dogears lower RH FC, small pencil in logo, some minor general wear. All in all a solid copy. Not quite a F, but mebbe not far off. O'street F is $40, take it home for $20. SOLD!

alltruecrime38..jpg