• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age McFarlane

31 posts in this topic

Doing a little McFarlane research and can't find some details on the web:

First comic work?

While at DC did he work on anything other than Infinity and Detective Comics?

Besides Hulk, ASM, his Spiderman title and the 2 GI Joe books what other titles did McFarlane work on at Marvel? Any others?

Then after he started Image did he do anything for other non-Image comics?

Thanks! :foryou:

Coyote was 1st published in Eclipse Magazine #2. I'm not sure how it transitioned over to Marvel/Epic, but the original material is fantastic.

Eclipse%202.jpg

But Epic was Marvel's alternative line for creator-owned titles.

he did a bunch of awesome covers for marvel tales reprints. A cool conan cover too, a few mcp covers and a few xfactor and new mutants covers as well.

Coyote was 1st published in Eclipse Magazine #2. I'm not sure how it transitioned over to Marvel/Epic, but the original material is fantastic.

Eclipse%202.jpg

But Epic was Marvel's alternative line for creator-owned titles.

I wish these types of magazines were still popular

Spitfire and the Trouble Shooters #4, and I remember buying that one new off the stands...New Universe!!! :headbang:

Wow, Really!?!?!

Those books stunk..lol. Kickers Inc., Star Brand, Merc, pretty bad stuff..not even sure if I still have the Spitfire #4. I am sure someone will make a New Universe was cool and show your books thread...anything is possible after the Star comics are great thread...lol. That thread kinda had me wanted to go and buy them. lol

Spitfire and the Trouble Shooters #4, and I remember buying that one new off the stands...New Universe!!! :headbang:

Wow, Really!?!?!

Those books stunk..lol. Kickers Inc., Star Brand, Merc, pretty bad stuff..not even sure if I still have the Spitfire #4. I am sure someone will make a New Universe was cool and show your books thread...anything is possible after the Star comics are great thread...lol. That thread kinda had me wanted to go and buy them. lol

:sumo:

scan0009-5.jpg