• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Avengers gallery

18 posts in this topic

Well, thanks to a lot of help from sl4ppy, i FINALLY freaking figured out how to work my registry gallery! (kind of lol )

Ever since i was a little kid, the Avengers were without question my favorite comic. Not even close! My all-time favorite superheroes then and even now in order would be Vision, Yellowjacket, Hawkeye and Ant-Man. Even back then, my comic friends would give me grief and make fun of me for liking such a lame comic nstead of Spidey or FF. I remember the "cool" kid down the street who was a few years older than us who we all thought was the coolest kid in the world because he was our DUNGEON MASTER!!! lol would make fun of me ALWAYS for liking Vision and Hawkeye. I didnt care, i just thought all of the Avengers were so cool.

I've been doing A LOT of work trying to fill my Avengers 1-250 run as much as possible lately and even though it has A LOT of work to go, its finally gotten at least respectable. It's a joke compared to some of the heavyweights on here but its something that im really proud of regardless. I LOVE to just take them out and stare at them and remember them from when i was a little kid. Staring at my Avengers slabs is probably the one thing in my life guaranteed to relieve whatever stress i have and make me forget the million and one problems going on at the moment.

Anyways, i FINALLY got all of them scanned and uploaded! (except for 5 which for some reason just wont load for me. It says "saved" after i upload them but no images appear (shrug) )

So, heres a link to my Avengers run gallery. Hope at least some of you enjoy them as much as i do! (thumbs u

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetSlideshow.aspx?PeopleSetID=40187

:applause:Don't have the big dawg yet? #1

No, i wish!

I had my eye on a really nice 5.5 but the seller just wanted WAY too much for it. I'm torn about getting a #1. I'm definitely a HG snob so id really like to have at least a 8.5 but really cant swing the funds for that right now. I'm hoping to find a nice 6.0-7.0 that i can afford but its been really hard to find a nice copy in that range. Almost all the ones ive seen lately have really bad PQ and look like it. It seems like all the ones in that range in the auctions lately have been really faded out and just dont look that nice or present well.

Unfortunately, as much as ive filled out the run, i dont have any of the 1st 16 issues. I needed so many issues, its hard to drop that much $$$ on the early issues when i can buy like 10 later issues for the same amount of money. Now that i have most of the issues between 30-100, i can start concentrating on trying to get some of the early issues hopefully :wishluck:

(thumbs u I am so in awe of your collection. (worship)

Thanks! Im definitely proud of it but PLEASE!

Take a look at your freaking sig line, yours puts me to shame (thumbs u

I forgot to say it in the 1st post but i REALLY want to thank Jeff and Steve(cheetah and rube11) for all their help! ALOT of these books and the inspiration for them came from those 2 guys (worship)

(thumbs u I am so in awe of your collection. (worship)

Thanks! Im definitely proud of it but PLEASE!

Take a look at your freaking sig line, yours puts me to shame (thumbs u

I forgot to say it in the 1st post but i REALLY want to thank Jeff and Steve(cheetah and rube11) for all their help! ALOT of these books and the inspiration for them came from those 2 guys (worship)

Between you, rube and Doc Joe your sig. lines inspire one to shoot for the best. (worship)

Great slideshow! Some of those looked familar.

You are doing a great job on your Avengers run. It is a great series and the price pressure has dropped a lot recently so you can put together a great set for less than some of the great prices in the past. Can't wait to see it when it is completed.

Great slideshow! Some of those looked familar.

You are doing a great job on your Avengers run. It is a great series and the price pressure has dropped a lot recently so you can put together a great set for less than some of the great prices in the past. Can't wait to see it when it is completed.

lol

They should look familiar since probably 20 of them are your undercopies! One of these days I'm hopin you'll post YOUR gallery so I can see the whole run in 9.6-9.8 (thumbs u

Avengers are the greatest. :whee:

I figured you'd like it! (thumbs u

Anyone smart enough to have an insanely awesome but under appreciated superhero like Hawkeye as their avatar has got to be cool! (worship)

I've always LOVEd the Avengers for whatever reason. It's a little hazy at this point but im pretty sure the 1st comic i ever bought off the rack was Godzilla 3 or this book

av183.jpg

That absorbing man story in 183-184 was so AWESOME! The second i read it i was hooked for life . I know for a fact that THIS was the 1st back issue i ever bought

av160.jpg

That Grim reaper storyline in 160-162 was just the greatest thing ever when i read it for the 1st time when i was 8 or so. Ever since that day my favorite superheroes in order have been:

1) Vision

2) Yellowjacket

3) Hawkeye

4) Ant-Man

5) Thor

A little unconventional but ive been obsessed with those guys and always put them over Spidey, FF, Hulk, Wolvie and all the other more popular guys. I was SOOO psyched to FINALLY get this a few weeks ago. I've dreamed of getting this book since the 70's and finally have a really nice copy :cloud9: I dont care what happens, i will NEVER sell this book no matter what. I could be a homeless guy sleeping under a bridge and ill use it as a pillow!

av57.jpg

Loved the gallery Jason.

I just love looking at high grade silver age Marvel covers from any of the main players.... I'm an ASM guy but I wish I was steered more into the Avengers road long ago as they are great.

Where's the AF15 7.0 in your sig? :whistle:

Really nice job on the gallery sufunk; and a fantastic collection! Not to worry about completing your Avengers set in a great hurry. Half the fun is looking forward to that next book you want. Avengers comics were my favorites growing up and someday I just hope to have my 1 to 100 set completed. But with the winds shifting me toward GA ... heck I may never get there! I know you're proud of your set, as you should be!! (thumbs u

You've accumulated an awesome collection, Jason! Just as you are buying cheetah's undercopies, I'll be happy to buy some of yours again.

I'm just thrilled at buying a VF- #19 and a VF #18 this weekend at a show and now (except for #1 and #48) I have up to #60 in 7.0 or better.

Maybe in a few years when the kids are grown, I'll be able to join the uber-crowd.

Sam