• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Stan Lee Signatures

46 posts in this topic

They look fake but they could have been signed while he was standing up and holding the books as opposed to sitting at a table and signing.

I am by no means an expert but the sigs look fack to me. Stan's sigs seem to have a more vertical motion (Or up and down movement of the hand, incert joke here if you must) to them. The result is that the letters in Stan's name are close together. Also Stan signs is name very fast, at least the times I've seen him do it. the Sigs on these books, seem to more spaced out, and appears as if the signer took their time.

We may never know but this is for sure.... I wont be the one who buys them.

Did anyone look at the Adam Hughes convention sketch he has for sale? It doesn't look like Adam's work.

AH Convention Sketch

It reminds me of some of his older stuff, but given the nature of the situation, I'm not ready to say it's authentic or not.

Didn't even notice the seller was different. doh! If that's the case, I'd have no problem believing it's real and a few years old.

If Stan is signing a piece someone is HOLDING... his signature would be different from say an assembly-line type signing. I would hesitate to characterize it as fake without a LOT more investigation.

:o his response:

Dear lbjarm,

Hi there i got Stan's sig last year at new york comic con on October 8th. I had the VIP $400 ticket which was a limited panel with Stan himself. These are just a few comics i got signed by stan the Man Lee. Any other questions just yell.

- nemes1s11

:o his response:

Dear lbjarm,

Hi there i got Stan's sig last year at new york comic con on October 8th. I had the VIP $400 ticket which was a limited panel with Stan himself. These are just a few comics i got signed by stan the Man Lee. Any other questions just yell.

- nemes1s11

Where's that expert that Rick Harrison calls in on Pawn Stars :baiting:lol

This guy's a tool:

Dear lbjarm,

Unfortunately I was not able to get pics of these Signed. If you met him at a public event you know how frustrating it is with all the reporters around and crowds. I did get like two pics of him signing My Avengers #1 (real Copy) and just me there Sry.

- nemes1s11

They have no real flow to them, if an autograph were forged, it would be done slow, and with no real motion... Just like these. If you look close at these Stan Lee signatures, they're done extremely slow, you can even see that he has stopped on the first one (AF15) and added an extra small line to the 't' in 'Stan' -- That just emphasizes that point that it's likely forged. Also, Stan always seems to write with the pen slightly on a slant, these signatures were done with the pen directly up... In my opinion, they're REALLY bad fakes.

I sent this GOON another response:

ear nemes1s11,

The only reason why I was asking for pictures is because I got burned by this other seller, Blackstarcomics, several years back. I bought several Stan Sigs, which he claimed they were real. Turned out to be fakes. I lost closed to $800 on a purchase. I got mad and cancelled my e-bay account. But started a new one since then.

- lbjarm

Obviously I've never bought a comics from Blackstar, nor would I. But I'm still waiting a response. Someone made the point that both sellers are from PA. hm

I sent this GOON another response:

ear nemes1s11,

The only reason why I was asking for pictures is because I got burned by this other seller, Blackstarcomics, several years back. I bought several Stan Sigs, which he claimed they were real. Turned out to be fakes. I lost closed to $800 on a purchase. I got mad and cancelled my e-bay account. But started a new one since then.

- lbjarm

Obviously I've never bought a comics from Blackstar, nor would I. But I'm still waiting a response. Someone made the point that both sellers are from PA. hm

:popcorn: This response will be interesting