• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noisy Slabs?

61 posts in this topic

Coming soon to a WTB thread near you

"Wanted - Slabbed copies of (whatever). Slabs must not creak when handled" doh!

That was my concern actually, that I'd sell one of these at some point and the buyer would come back with complaints about the creaky slab. I also thought it was weird that it was only DC books that seemed to do it.

Coming soon to a WTB thread near you

"Wanted - Slabbed copies of (whatever). Slabs must not creak when handled" doh!

That was my concern actually, that I'd sell one of these at some point and the buyer would come back with complaints about the creaky slab. I also thought it was weird that it was only DC books that seemed to do it.

We had a customer that used to bring his Benz in for service. He complained that when his climate control was on, and he passed a very specific point on the Hwy. every day, his left nostril would twitch. True story.

He wanted us to fix it for him.

People can be :roflmao:

Or maybe the better graemlin is :screwy:

Those look like 14 year old girls.

Boobs?

Really?

Welcome to the Internet, where you're better off knowing what your kids will be doing once they're teenagers than being entirely unaware. It sounds like the concept of random chat--which is VERY different from identity-based chat--is new to you. Look into it, it can be compelling, albeit not for the majority of people. It's also far safer than identity-based chat (such as this forum) because it's totally anonymous and there's no way to even contact the same person twice as long as you don't give out personal info.

I haven't tried Chat Roulette before, but I used www.omegle.com a bit a few years ago. Great way to practice extemporaneous conversation, I used it to warm up for first dates when I initially went back on the market.

Those look like 14 year old girls.

Boobs?

Really?

Welcome to the Internet, where you're better off knowing what your kids will be doing once they're teenagers than being entirely unaware. It sounds like the concept of random chat--which is VERY different from identity-based chat--is new to you. Look into it, it can be compelling, albeit not for the majority of people. It's also far safer than identity-based chat (such as this forum) because it's totally anonymous and there's no way to even contact the same person twice as long as you don't give out personal info.

I haven't tried Chat Roulette before, but I used www.omegle.com a bit a few years ago. Great way to practice extemporaneous conversation, I used it to warm up for first dates when I initially went back on the market.

:roflmao:

OMG.

I'll stick to charisma, honesty and real life if I need to warm up for a conversation (which, thankfully, I don't for the singles scene anymore).

Personally, I think you'd do better wearing your Magneto helmet in public. Women love a guy with confidence.

:baiting:

Edit: since I have a 14 and a 16 year old daughter I personally wouldn't promote that particular gif.

:roflmao:

OMG.

I'll stick to charisma, honesty and real life if I need to warm up for a conversation (which, thankfully, I don't for the singles scene anymore).

What's the difference, other than something like Omegle or Chat Roulette being available 24x7 and about 10 times easier to build conversational skill in a short amount of time due to the fact that you can cycle between a dozen conversations in half an hour?

Presuming that online social media necessarily means a lack of social skill in real-life situations is snobbery. You could make your exact same argument for why having more than a thousand or so posts in forums like this is just as loserish. :eyeroll: Stop posting here and go to a bar, Poindexter. (tsk)

Stop posting here and go to a bar, Poindexter. (tsk)

lol

Touche!

Although I think I do both pretty well.

:sumo:

I think the same thing about myself...only I didn't feel the need to whip it out and wave it in someone else's face. :eek:

So what would you do if you found out your kids were using Chat Roulette? If I had kids, I'd be torn between keeping them away from it and educating them on safe interactions with strangers. The Internet thrusts the world into our homes in ways previous generations never had to deal with.

Stop posting here and go to a bar, Poindexter. (tsk)

lol

Touche!

Although I think I do both pretty well.

:sumo:

I think the same thing about myself...only I didn't feel the need to whip it out and wave it in someone else's face. :eek:

So what would you do if you found out your kids were using Chat Roulette? If I had kids, I'd be torn between keeping them away from it and educating them on safe interactions with strangers. The Internet thrusts the world into our homes in ways previous generations never had to deal with.

We had a situation like that were one of my kids was becoming a little too involved on one website.

Their mom and myself spend a lot of time and effort educating them on internet awareness. They have their internet access times and do their stuff, but I think they are pretty aware of the dangers and the exposure that the 'net offers and I think they act pretty responsibly.

I basically laid it out like this... with the internet, you not only have access to the entire world, the entire world has access to you.

I think they "get it".

(thumbs u

We had a situation like that were one of my kids was becoming a little too involved on one website.

Their mom and myself spend a lot of time and effort educating them on internet awareness. They have their internet access times and do their stuff, but I think they are pretty aware of the dangers and the exposure that the 'net offers and I think they act pretty responsibly.

I basically laid it out like this... with the internet, you not only have access to the entire world, the entire world has access to you.

I think they "get it".

(thumbs u

Sounds like they wouldn't give out too much info then. But what about the scumbags they'd be exposed to? I hear it's not uncommon for Chat Roulette video feeds to be guys doing crotch shots or just trying to get girls to show themselves. I haven't tried video random chat, but I know in even just text chat half of the conversations are horny guys trying to hot chat with girls. That's the part that's difficult to decide whether or not to let teenagers get exposed to when it comes to chat with video.

As long as they know how to react and be safe, I'm not sure it's that big a deal. (shrug)hm

Their fire wall settings keep out some stuff, plus their time online is monitered.

The rest is on them, and they seem responsible in the sense that they realize the inherent dangers that are available out there.

I realized early on that I can't be there every second to hold their hands. If they are going to make mistakes, even after my best efforts to protect them, then I guess they will learn the hard way.

In the end I think offering them a form of trust, builds their own self esteem and in turn encourages them to not let you down.

By the way, fantastic four, the gif in your sig line is quite disturbing...

Random video chat such as Chat Roulette has become quite fascinatingly bizarre and frequently smutty. hm

...the girls are kind of cute in that one, though. Poor chick :(

They're like 12.

I'm 15. :foryou:

That may have come across a little bit incorrectly. I don't actually feel very comfortable with the GIF, being about their age, and considering the fact that it shows someone asking them to flash them (and hey, the bird didn't deserve that! lol ) so that's why I commented in the first place.

Completely off-topic though, I apologize!

I don't actually feel very comfortable with the GIF, being about their age, and considering the fact that it shows someone asking them to flash them (and hey, the bird didn't deserve that! lol ) so that's why I commented in the first place.

What difference does their age make? Girls get hit on whether they're 15 or 50 if they look good. Can't tell the age of whoever is talking to them in the GIF. The bad grammar in the last sentence made me think it was a young pre-teen or teenage guy, but could be anyone of any age I suppose. I never even thought about their age until all you pervo-deviants brought it up--all I saw was a typical hornball guy using a bizarre sexting tactic. Nobody is getting exploited in that GIF, the girls are smart and enjoying it themselves, give your guilty consciences a rest, it's just random chat, everybody's safe. :eyeroll:

I haven't been collecting slabbed comics long enough to know why, but I noticed some of my slabs make a creaking noise just from the pressure of being pinched between my fingers picking them up and others do not. Is this indicative of a problem with the slab or is it just from the thickness of the book inside?

Random note: The books that have "creaking" slabs are all DC, the ones that don't are all Marvel.

I've owned a couple of slabs that creaked. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the case so I'm guessing that it's just to do with the way the case fits together when it's sealed.

Oh... and they were Marvel comics.

I don't actually feel very comfortable with the GIF, being about their age, and considering the fact that it shows someone asking them to flash them (and hey, the bird didn't deserve that! lol ) so that's why I commented in the first place.

What difference does their age make? Girls get hit on whether they're 15 or 50 if they look good. Can't tell the age of whoever is talking to them in the GIF. The bad grammar in the last sentence made me think it was a young pre-teen or teenage guy, but could be anyone of any age I suppose. I never even thought about their age until all you pervo-deviants brought it up--all I saw was a typical hornball guy using a bizarre sexting tactic. Nobody is getting exploited in that GIF, the girls are smart and enjoying it themselves, give your guilty consciences a rest, it's just random chat, everybody's safe. :eyeroll:

I'll tell you what difference their age makes from my perspective.

Guys many times don't recognize age very well on a woman (or a girl). It's not intentional, it's likely innate as I hear it often from guys. Many woman on the other hand, because they are so used to getting hit on all the time even when they are not asking for it, see red when they see this sort of thing (young girls being used in such a manner) and consider it exploitation of sorts.

I suppose if someone was sporting some sort of banner, logo or gif, regardless of what it was, it might be considered an endorsement by those that don't know you very well. In this case, girls that are likely under age.

I know based on what you've written that this is not your position but I think that is where people's form their sensitivities and opinions from.

(thumbs u

By the way, fantastic four, the gif in your sig line is quite disturbing...

Random video chat such as Chat Roulette has become quite fascinatingly bizarre and frequently smutty. hm

...the girls are kind of cute in that one, though. Poor chick :(

They're like 12.

and hey, the bird didn't deserve that! lol

The snake's gotta eat doesn't he?

Many woman on the other hand, because they are so used to getting hit on all the time even when they are not asking for it, see red when they see this sort of thing (young girls being used in such a manner) and consider it exploitation of sorts.

I suppose if someone was sporting some sort of banner, logo or gif, regardless of what it was, it might be considered an endorsement by those that don't know you very well. In this case, girls that are likely under age.

So I'm hurting my chances of picking up chicks via these forums? :blush::ohnoez:

If that's the case, I think I'll replace it with the pic below...surely this one will give off a better impression. :wishluck:

FirmBunsJumping.gif

Those girls are clearly underage, being solicited to perform in a sexual manner. Not only is it disgusting it is also illegal.

Also as a father of a daughter I would destroy someone who disrespected my child like that. The problem is you let your children on the Internet unsupervised and they do stupid things like go on chat roulette or end up on some Chris Hanson special. My daughter is 21 months so I'm all good for awhile.

Sorry for the rant, continue....

Those girls are clearly underage, being solicited to perform in a sexual manner. Not only is it disgusting it is also illegal.

Also as a father of a daughter I would destroy someone who disrespected my child like that. The problem is you let your children on the Internet unsupervised and they do stupid things like go on chat roulette or end up on some Chris Hanson special. My daughter is 21 months so I'm all good for awhile.

Sorry for the rant, continue....

You react in a way that any father with a daughter would.

I could care less that it's in the sig line. However, the first thing I thought when I saw it was, "Those girls are WAY too young to be propositioned."

So I'm hurting my chances of picking up chicks via these forums? :blush::ohnoez:

Not so much about dating someone from this board and more about just standing up for what is right.

If that's the case, I think I'll replace it with the pic below...surely this one will give off a better impression. :wishluck:

FirmBunsJumping.gif

Hey, even many of the women on these boards will approve of that one.

:headbang: