• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noisy Slabs?

61 posts in this topic

I haven't been collecting slabbed comics long enough to know why, but I noticed some of my slabs make a creaking noise just from the pressure of being pinched between my fingers picking them up and others do not. Is this indicative of a problem with the slab or is it just from the thickness of the book inside?

Random note: The books that have "creaking" slabs are all DC, the ones that don't are all Marvel.

I haven't been collecting slabbed comics long enough to know why, but I noticed some of my slabs make a creaking noise just from the pressure of being pinched between my fingers picking them up and others do not. Is this indicative of a problem with the slab or is it just from the thickness of the book inside?

Random note: The books that have "creaking" slabs are all DC, the ones that don't are all Marvel.

If this is an elaborate hoax done in an effort to get me to "pull your slab and see what sound it makes" I am NOT falling for it. :sumo:

By the way, fantastic four, the gif in your sig line is quite disturbing...

Random video chat such as Chat Roulette has become quite fascinatingly bizarre and frequently smutty. hm

If this is an elaborate hoax done in an effort to get me to "pull your slab and see what sound it makes" I am NOT falling for it. :sumo:

...again

Random video chat such as Chat Roulette has become quite fascinatingly bizarre and frequently smutty. hm

Was that you??? :o

...the girls are kind of cute in that one, though. Poor chick :(

...the girls are kind of cute in that one, though. Poor chick :(

They're like 12.

I think you should get an oil can, the kind that the tin man used in the Wizard Of Oz and give each slab a little squirt.

and takes a dogs age to friggin' load!

:P

Yea, it's 5.5 megabytes. It's in my own web space at GoDaddy so there's no bandwidth leeching going on as another thread is discussing. I deem that image to be worth it, and although I've got dozens of other funny and sexy ones queued up, that one's staying up a bit, it's a compelling Chat Roulette session. :popcorn: