• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get your stinking paw off me!

40 posts in this topic

They aren't necessarily, but I liked what I was reading from the positive reviews there, talking about a throw-back to 60's 70's sci-fi. before Green Lantern came out, just about every review there was negative, and justifiably so. What I read about ROTPOTA has me encouraged that it might not turn out to be the suck-fest I was expecting, that's all. My taste usually does fall in line with the Tomato-Meter, but not always.

Why is RT the place to get "accurate" reviews?

I'm honeslty curious.

RT takes hundreds of critic reviews and places them all in a fresh or rotten

take on the movie (meaning would they recommend it or not) then creates

percentages based on the movie passing or failing as a whole.

I like this a lot, because with this system they are usually right on the mark

and get it right to me about 90–95% of the time.

It allows a filter for me and my entertainment, because there is just too much

to pick a choose from these days.

(thumbs u

Why is RT the place to get "accurate" reviews?

I'm honeslty curious.

RT takes hundreds of critic reviews and places them all in a fresh or rotten

take on the movie (meaning would they recommend it or not) then creates

percentages based on the movie passing or failing as a whole.

I like this a lot, because with this system they are usually right on the mark

and get it right to me about 90–95% of the time.

It allows a filter for me and my entertainment, because there is just too much

to pick a choose from these days.

(thumbs u

I guess I did a horrible job or answering the question. I assumed the poster was familiar with the site but was questioning the validity of the reviews there. doh!

I saw the first run of trailers and wasn't too excited (on the heels of the first film dud, as well).

Then this past weekend, I saw a newer trailer (lead in to Cap) which really got me fired up about seeing it.

Think I'm going for it. :wishluck:

Well I'm going the opposite path of you. After I saw the new trailer it just confirmed me not attending this one. I've just never been into the POA stuff. I think Franco is a pretty solid actor too. Freaks and Geeks he was pretty classic in, IMHO. But I hope it's good for all of you fans and no one is horribly let down. It's gotta be better than the Marky Mark one.

(Remember no poop flinging in the theaters if you aren't happy with it)

I saw the first run of trailers and wasn't too excited (on the heels of the first film dud, as well).

Then this past weekend, I saw a newer trailer (lead in to Cap) which really got me fired up about seeing it.

Think I'm going for it. :wishluck:

Well I'm going the opposite path of you. After I saw the new trailer it just confirmed me not attending this one. I've just never been into the POA stuff. I think Franco is a pretty solid actor too. Freaks and Geeks he was pretty classic in, IMHO. But I hope it's good for all of you fans and no one is horribly let down. It's gotta be better than the Marky Mark one.

(Remember no poop flinging in the theaters if you aren't happy with it)

That really doesn't say much. Tim Burton's POTA was a big steaming pile of mess!

Am I the only one eagerly awaiting "Rise of the Planet of the Apes?"

No need for a trailer. This clip is all that's needed to get me excited. (worship)

Yes.I saw the original at the drive in with my aunt and uncle.Kinda scary when you are a kid.

PS How you doing Dice?

After all these "Rise of..." movies, I am looking forward to the first one to get to [Meaningless Sequel] III: The Limpening though. Based on timing I'm guessing GI Joe. Someone with some skills needs to make a poster (and first one to get the reference, I owe you a coke).