• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Paypal personal for me. Big Brother came and took it :(

513 posts in this topic

I'm moving to Cuba, I'm tired of my plush life style. Meat is over-rated.

I haven't had a nice ribeye or prime rib in a while. I guess our anniversary is coming up soon, maybe we'll go to Mortons or Peter Luger...mmmmmmm

2c I was not terribly impressed with Morton's. (shrug)

Please do not sully the sweet sweet meat heaven that is Peter Luger by grouping it in with Mortons! :baiting:

Although, Mortons blue cheese crusted filet mignion and hash brown potatoes are amazing!

Sweet Jesus I am a hungry fat bastitch!!!!! lol

I haven't had a nice ribeye or prime rib in a while. I guess our anniversary is coming up soon, maybe we'll go to Mortons or Peter Luger...mmmmmmm

LG's Prime Steakhouse in the Palm Springs area, 4-5 locations.

Steak like melted butter.

Lets not forget a little Ruth Chris for your dinning pleasure. Best meal ever after a hard day at Heroes Con...

... and to lighten the moods between heaven & hell... I give you "Craig".

Kindly bite me.

(thumbs u

Wouldn't this be a nibble? Although I admit 'nibble me' lacks the gravitas and threat level of bite me.

lol

You could take it as a good, solid bite...just slowly, so as to enjoy the pain more fully....

I hit Palm Springs once a year with buds for a golf outing. Will see if we can find one.

Not exactly fine dining, but the last time I was in Palm Springs I did find a little slice of heaven in a place called the Tilted Kilt.

Please do not sully the sweet sweet meat heaven that is Peter Luger by grouping it in with Mortons! :baiting:

Although, Mortons blue cheese crusted filet mignion and hash brown potatoes are amazing!

Sweet Jesus I am a hungry fat bastitch!!!!! lol

I like Morton's prime rib. I don't order anything else there. I've actually never been to Lugers (which is pretty pathetic considering I've lived in Brooklyn more than 4 years and in NYC almost 40), but we've been talking about going there for a while (my wife has been). I just need to remember to bring like $200.

I'll admist I am a bit down on the whole steak house thing (particularly because I can't afford it). Because The Palm was near my old office, we used to go there a lot (also a nice prime rib). I had accumulated almost 2500 "Palm points" over the years (1 pt. per dollar spent). I then changed jobs and worked down on Wall Street where, at the time, there was no Palm. So we didn't go for like a year or 18 months. We go to the Palm for mother's day and when I give them my card I am informed it is invalid. Because the account had been inactive for a while they wiped out all my points and they told me I was S.O.o.L. Not a nice way to treat a customer. 2500 Palm points was redeemable into like a $250 gift certificate, so, not including booze, we were skrewed out of maybe 2 nice meals there (for the 2 of us). I've been a lot less gung ho about shelling out $40-50 for a steak ever since although we have gone to Morton's in Brooklyn several times because it is convenient. When I earned a real paycheck we'd go to a nice steakhouse 2-4X a month. Now it's maybe 2X a year.

Just got my email from the the "friendly paypal team" that my ability to accept and send paypal via personal method has been disabled due to all the gazillions of dollars that me and my board friends are ripping them off for.

I know, I know ... its the rules and they got kids that gotta eat too.... just sucks.

I know this has been beat to death... just had to vent.

Rupp, non personal

Did the email look like this?

On Oct. 21, 2010, we emailed you and requested you stop accepting payments marked “personal” for business transactions. The “personal” option for sending and receiving money through PayPal should only be used when sending money to friends and family – not as a method of payment for goods or services.

Based on recent account reviews, it’s apparent some of your customers are still paying for purchases using the “personal” tab. As a result, we’ve disabled your account’s “personal” payment option. All future transactions will be sent through the “Purchase Goods / Services” optionand standard business transaction rates will apply. You still have full access to your PayPal account and can continue to send, receive and withdraw money. You can find more information about payment types and fees in sections 4 and 8 of our User Agreement.

If you have questions regarding this change, please contact us at P2P@paypal.com.

Thanks, P2P Risk Team

I hit Palm Springs once a year with buds for a golf outing. Will see if we can find one.

Not exactly fine dining, but the last time I was in Palm Springs I did find a little slice of heaven in a place called the Tilted Kilt.

The Tilted Kilt is all about the ambiance :cloud9:

Just got my email from the the "friendly paypal team" that my ability to accept and send paypal via personal method has been disabled due to all the gazillions of dollars that me and my board friends are ripping them off for.

I know, I know ... its the rules and they got kids that gotta eat too.... just sucks.

Rupp, non personal

On Oct. 21, 2010, we emailed you and requested you stop accepting payments marked “personal” for business transactions. The “personal” option for sending and receiving money through PayPal should only be used when sending money to friends and family – not as a method of payment for goods or services.

Based on recent account reviews, it’s apparent some of your customers are still paying for purchases using the “personal” tab. As a result, we’ve disabled your account’s “personal” payment option. All future transactions will be sent through the “Purchase Goods / Services” optionand standard business transaction rates will apply. You still have full access to your PayPal account and can continue to send, receive and withdraw money. You can find more information about payment types and fees in sections 4 and 8 of our User Agreement.

If you have questions regarding this change, please contact us at P2P@paypal.com.

Thanks, P2P Risk Team

That's what happens when people use the personal option and then make notes about it being a transaction in the message center. Like paypal is that stupid.

Rupp, non personal

Thanks, P2P Risk Team

That's what happens when people use the personal option and then make notes about it being a transaction in the message center. Like paypal is that stupid.

I am not sure this is from paypal. I think it is a scam.