• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicdey says...."Post your images here for my grading pleasure"

58 posts in this topic

I'll be checking my thread regularly and grading your books at my convenience :whee:

feel free to paypal me your loose change for this service :sumo:

I will give my estimation of CGC grade, not what I would grade it if I were selling it, which of course I'm not. If it's a book I want to buy, I'll let you know when I grade it with my grade. :cloud9:

Cheers

Finally, an impartial grading company :tonofbricks:

Here ya go Collin

TheDeadWhoWalk.jpg

Where's the darn back cover....I gave my copy of this book away as part of the boards Xmas swap along with a bunch of other items.

I think CGC will say 5.0 based upon the front cover alone. Too many heavy spine ticks to say it's pushing fine. I'd like to buy a copy of this in 8.0 or so.

alarmingtales.jpg

Now that's an interesting book....I'm going to say that this one could be a VF or better, but that top edge is leading me to think 7.5. Still, the upper edge isn't too bad, so I'm going stick with VF. Still, a very tight spine, glossy, and sharp edges. Perhaps trimmed :hm

I was going to ask you about a couple too. This'll work too.

This ASM 19 has the slightest wrinkles in a couple of places, nothing which is near to breaking color. It's just not dead flat, and it has 2-3 small spine stresses you can't see on a white book. I call this a 9.2/9.4 book. On the rear near the corner is a little dirtiness(looks like a corner crease), from being against something else there.

I almost jumped at Steve's copy today, since a 9.4 is what I'm after for #19.. You can hardly tell that this isn't his copy.

asm19raw94front.jpg

asm19raw94rear.jpg

This ASM 19 has the slightest wrinkles in a couple of places, nothing which is near to breaking color. It's just not dead flat, and it has 2-3 small spine stresses you can't see on a white book. I call this a 9.2/9.4 book. On the rear near the corner is a little dirtiness(looks like a corner crease), from being against something else there.

I almost jumped at Steve's copy today, since a 9.4 is what I'm after for #19.. You can hardly tell that this isn't his copy.

asm19raw94front.jpg

asm19raw94rear.jpg

upper back corner fuzziness, a few spine ticks, a bit of dirty rub on the back....still, the books looks very fresh and sharp. I don't think minor waviness will downgrade the book unless it's humidity related. Put it under a few heavy books for a week and submit it, it's likely going to be a 9.2, but I could easily seeing it hit the 9.4 mark. Sub it and find out. :acclaim:

Here ya go Collin

Where's the darn back cover....I gave my copy of this book away as part of the boards Xmas swap along with a bunch of other items.

I think CGC will say 5.0 based upon the front cover alone. Too many heavy spine ticks to say it's pushing fine. I'd like to buy a copy of this in 8.0 or so.

What an astounding coincidence, I got this copy from the Xmas swap......

I didn't bother with the back cover as you've seen it.

Here ya go Collin

What an astounding coincidence, I got this copy from the Xmas swap......

I didn't bother with the back cover as you've seen it.

hm quite the koinkidink :lol: someone must have really been good to you

Hiya Collin

Here's one for you

b5bf6dc0.jpg

eab6a0c1.jpg

I think Structurally you're looking at a 7.0 due to the bottom right corner and the right edge thumb creasing. It presents quite nice and I like the orange colors. The slight tanning shouldn't really affect the grade at that point, but does decrease the desireability. Pencil number doesn't change the grade either, No real significant defects, but just some general wear that makes me think it wouldn't be pushing the VF- or better range. With that said,

:takeit: I actually collect sparkling stars :lol: for the right price. It's a title that I just look to pick up inexpensively.

I think Structurally you're looking at a 7.0 due to the bottom right corner and the right edge thumb creasing. It presents quite nice and I like the orange colors. The slight tanning shouldn't really affect the grade at that point, but does decrease the desireability. Pencil number doesn't change the grade either, No real significant defects, but just some general wear that makes me think it wouldn't be pushing the VF- or better range. With that said,

:takeit: I actually collect sparkling stars :lol: for the right price. It's a title that I just look to pick up inexpensively.

Thanks - I actually am subbing it - I know not really worth the price of submission but I was really curious about it. Won it on a Sunday HA. Supposedly part of the Cape Cod collection. I'll let you know when it comes back if you're still interested.

And since you like that one, how about this one - one that it seems like everyone has -

d06b3c37.jpg

e00655ed.jpg

...ASM 19...

upper back corner fuzziness, a few spine ticks, a bit of dirty rub on the back....still, the books looks very fresh and sharp. I don't think minor waviness will downgrade the book unless it's humidity related. Put it under a few heavy books for a week and submit it, it's likely going to be a 9.2, but I could easily seeing it hit the 9.4 mark. Sub it and find out. :acclaim:

Thanks Colin, I might upload the scans of the #2/3/7/8/28/43/48 I sent also. Regards,

when you grade multiple copies from the same title, it gets easier to be consistent.

These have been tough, as the spines are both quite nice. This spine is actually sharper than the last copy, but it has different defects.

Your past one has a chance at a 7.5 IMO after looking at this copy and thinking this one is going to be a 6.5 at best. Tiny spine split at the bottom, definately some heavy back cover tanning and then the tear at the top of the front edge, miscut and looks to have a bit of a roll, but it's probably just production. Another book that is tough....but I'm landing on a 6.0 with an outside chance at 6.5.

d06b3c37.jpg

e00655ed.jpg

when you grade multiple copies from the same title, it gets easier to be consistent.

These have been tough, as the spines are both quite nice. This spine is actually sharper than the last copy, but it has different defects.

Your past one has a chance at a 7.5 IMO after looking at this copy and thinking this one is going to be a 6.5 at best. Tiny spine split at the bottom, definately some heavy back cover tanning and then the tear at the top of the front edge, miscut and looks to have a bit of a roll, but it's probably just production. Another book that is tough....but I'm landing on a 6.0 with an outside chance at 6.5.

Exceptionally cogent assessment, seriously! (thumbs u

Here's a tough one - the front cover looks pretty sweet, aside from the miswrap and production color loss in the logo, but the back has a few water spots, the largest next to "made with", and the one at the top left actually goes into about 12 pages IIRC.

And while it looks dark in the scan- there is no rust on the staple.

In addition the single staple was pulled out and reinforced with tape on the inside ( I have another GA book this was done to that was graded Universal).

As I remember the pages are OW/W.

CAP46FC.jpg

CAP46BC.jpg

asm19raw94front.jpg

asm19raw94rear.jpg

Hey Don where's the bottom staple?? :o