• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicdey says...."Post your images here for my grading pleasure"

58 posts in this topic

That's a great book and definately a tough one to grade, you guys are making this fun for me. If you get them slabbed, let me know how far off I am :lol:

I'm thinking that the miswrap is just that. I'm thinking the front shows up as a 7.0 or maybe a bit better. The single staple appears to be a bit worn and possibly loose,bottom of the spine is frayed and top has a small tear and there are a few ticks. The back shows up as a 3.5 with the water spots even though they are light in color, they do pucker. My best assessment is that the water stain will hit you harder than the beauty of the front can bring you back to the higher grades, so I'm betting on a 5.0 and I want to lean even a bit higher to a 5.5 chance. I don't think it will grade a fine or better but who really cares as it looks phenomenal.

Here's a tough one - the front cover looks pretty sweet, aside from the miswrap and production color loss in the logo, but the back has a few water spots, the largest next to "made with", and the one at the top left actually goes into about 12 pages IIRC.

And while it looks dark in the scan- there is no rust on the staple.

In addition the single staple was pulled out and reinforced with tape on the inside ( I have another GA book this was done to that was graded Universal).

As I remember the pages are OW/W.

CAP46FC.jpg

CAP46BC.jpg

I don't know if this one is fun or not, but I think CGC will say it's not quite nice enough for the 2.5 grade and you'll end up with a 2.0 based upon the water staining, spine split, general wear, piece missing from the top of the spine and bottom right corner. Not quite sure what else makes me think it wouldn't grade out as a 2.5, but I think that's enough. How are the staples inside, any loose centerfold. I originally had the numbers in this diatribe as 1 grade lower 1.8 and 2.0, but the fact that it is generally all there without right edge chipping makes me think "cgc" will be a little lenient.

Here's a fun one...1" spine split bottom spine.

FF1FC.jpg

FF1BC.jpg

That's pretty much where I'm at...pages are attached at centerfold but a little loose...fairly nice presenting book for a 2.0...

Best thing about this book is how I came to own it...found the book for sale in a Fanzine ad...sent 50-cents (taped 2 quarters to a 3x5 index card) for it in 1971...trust...a beautiful thing...and it arrived in the mail and has been in my possession ever since... :insane:

Do you grade modern drek?

USM1_WH1.jpg

USM1_WH2.jpg

I can try in a bit...gotta run to a scout event :gossip:

So I can't see anything that would keep it from 9.6+ unless there are fingerprints on it that I can't see. The corners all look very sharp and I don't see any spine ticks. It's probably a 9.8 :headbang: