• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Sorry Gene...

13 posts in this topic

Yes, the wheels have fallen off the bus the past couple of days. More worrying for Wenger though must be the fact that Man Utd and Chelsea played a similar type of game against them - Man Utd. more physically - but both pressing Arsenal and not giving them time.

You must also be sick as a parrot if you are a Real Madrid supporter too - there is a good chance that they will will end the season with nothing.

Better luck next year man!

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Shame on all the Arsenal haters for rooting for Abramovich's mercenaries!! 893naughty-thumb.gif Now, instead of the Arsenal-Real clash that everyone wanted to see, your bad karma has inflicted Chelsea-Monaco upon us - and real footie fans everywhere are poorer for it.

Actually, the post was sincere. Arsenal play and have played some fantastic football this year. It's just all going down the toilet a little bit in the course of a week.

And Henry is out for the next two games too.

Remember that I support Notts Forest and Swansea, so all this is from an impartial viewer standpoint. grin.gif

More worrying for Wenger though must be the fact that Man Utd and Chelsea played a similar type of game against them - Man Utd. more physically - but both pressing Arsenal and not giving them time.

I think both Man. Ure and Chelski took advantage of the fact that the refs weren't going to hand out cards so liberally in such big match-ups between English sides (who play more physical football anyway). If Paul Scholes had decked Reyes like he did on Sunday outside of Villa Park, he'd have been arrested for assault and battery for sure. mad.gif Same with Keane's challenge on Pires. And Silvestre's two clear hand-balls in the area that weren't called - United were very lucky. I have to say, though, that Arsenal looked worn out both Sunday and today. Too many fixtures are taking their toll and the F.A. didn't do them any favors by letting 4 matches pile up in 9 days.

Actually, the post was sincere. Arsenal play and have played some fantastic football this year. It's just all going down the toilet a little bit in the course of a week.

Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you, but rather the United and Liverpool fans (let's face it, there are no Chelsea fans here in New York) cheering on Chelsea this afternoon at the local pub. Chelsea win ugly - to me, they are not as good a side as United, let alone Arsenal, no matter what the standings show.

I think both Man. Ure and Chelski took advantage of the fact that the refs weren't going to hand out cards so liberally in such big match-ups between English sides (who play more physical football anyway). If Paul Scholes had decked Reyes like he did on Sunday outside of Villa Park, he'd have been arrested for assault and battery for sure. Same with Keane's challenge on Pires. And Silvestre's two clear hand-balls in the area that weren't called - United were very lucky. I have to say, though, that Arsenal looked worn out both Sunday and today. Too many fixtures are taking their toll and the F.A. didn't do them any favors by letting 4 matches pile up in 9 days.

Come on Gene, don't be a bad loser. grin.gif

Man UTD twice, Chelsea twice,Liverpool and Newcastle, All in 14 days. Thats

friggin Nuts. If Arsenal played anyone of those teams fresh it would be quite a different story. Its one thing playing middle of the pack teams in a short span, but playing 6 games against the other top 4 teams would kill anyones season. Arsenal would have been better off going out of the FA Cup early. They would have had Portsmouth last weekend instead of Man U.( who were very fortunate to win) Coming off a win would have made a world of difference against Chelsea.( Chelsea did play well and it could have gone either way) Lets just hope they can get mentally right for Liverpool Friday. Need to get Gilberto back in(Edu out) and maybe some fresh legs and attitude with Keown.( rest Toure) Also maybe Wiltord ccould bring in some fresh air.(he played really well at the start of the season and has had a good rest. mad.gif