• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic Cage Action

45 posts in this topic

Am I the only person that actually likes Nic Cage movies?

I'm fine with this because everyone else seems to like Jack Black and Will Ferrell movies.

I'll be a proud member of the minority. :cloud9:

Count me in the minority too, I like his movies. He's no Kurt Russell, but good enough. ;)

Exactly. He's not the greatest actor, but his movies are always fun. (thumbs u

I must be in an even smaller minority because not only don't I like Nic Cage movies, but I also don't like Jack Black or Will Ferrell movies.

I'm fine with this because everyone else seems to like Jack Black and Will Ferrell movies.

Count me in the minority too, I like his movies. He's no Kurt Russell, but good enough. ;)

......and that's what I go to movies for. I thought Sorceror's Apprentice was FANTASTIC. When it hit's the 9.99 rack at Wally World it'll be coming home. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

vegas.jpg

I've never seen that one, but he won an Oscar for it.

I like Nic, but he's no Oscar winner. :eek:

If you see it you'll know why he won an oscar for it... ;)

Yep. His performance was out there, and he deserved the award. I like Jack Black but his films are all dreadful turkeys. Never bothered with Ferrell flicks. Either way Cage has made his share of stinkers, but at least he's a film star.

Red Rock West is a very good movie!

I must be in an even smaller minority because not only don't I like Nic Cage movies, but I also don't like Jack Black or Will Ferrell movies.

I am in that club too.

He had his hits and misses....

"Wild at Heart", "Leaving Las Vegas" and "The Rock" - hits

"National Treasure", Ghost Rider", etc... - misses

I LOVE the National Treasure movies, they are wonderful entertainment...not wonderful acting, but they are fun...

+1 with "love" amended to "like"

I can accept that...I mean, there were parts of "The Mummy" that I thought were great (reminiscent of the Indy Jones movies), but they screwed it up (I can't believe I'm admitting to enjoying a Brendan Frasier flick but, I digress).

So, NT had a few "moments". They were cool when I was 10 and saw "The Goonies" for the first time. As a 30 yr. old geezer, not so much.

It was "ok". Glad I didn't pay to watch it.

Basically, I've got only a few movie categories:

-Worth it in the theatre (very few make this category - LOTR, Spidey 2, Dark Knight)

-Damn, that movie was pretty great...I wouldn't have felt jipped if I had paid to see it in the theatre (Memento and The Following top this list)

-Wow! Better than I ever expected ("Iron Man", for example)

-There's 2 hours I can never get back

-I wouldn't watch this if you paid me (95% of movies)

I LOVE the National Treasure movies, they are wonderful entertainment...not wonderful acting, but they are fun...

+1 with "love" amended to "like"

I can accept that...I mean, there were parts of "The Mummy" that I thought were great (reminiscent of the Indy Jones movies), but they screwed it up (I can't believe I'm admitting to enjoying a Brendan Frasier flick but, I digress).

So, NT had a few "moments". They were cool when I was 10 and saw "The Goonies" for the first time. As a 30 yr. old geezer, not so much.

It was "ok". Glad I didn't pay to watch it.

Basically, I've got only a few movie categories:

-Worth it in the theatre (very few make this category - LOTR, Spidey 2, Dark Knight)

-Damn, that movie was pretty great...I wouldn't have felt jipped if I had paid to see it in the theatre (Memento and The Following top this list)

-Wow! Better than I ever expected ("Iron Man", for example)

-There's 2 hours I can never get back

-I wouldn't watch this if you paid me (95% of movies)

- That was ing brilliant.

- That was good.

- That was mess.

- That was really mess.

I like your rankings better.

They're bottom heavy unfortunately. :(

EDIT: And I mean films in general there. All of NC's films fall into the very bottom rating for me.

He had his hits and misses....

"Wild at Heart", "Leaving Las Vegas" and "The Rock" - hits

"National Treasure", Ghost Rider", etc... - misses

Hits & Mrs. is what started this thread. hm