• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this JIM 83

15 posts in this topic

1.8 to 2.0

Given the tape on the cover, I expect that if you sent this in to get graded, the tape would count as amateur restoration, therefore get branded with the (cue dramatic music) PLOD (Purple Label of Death).

There are plenty of people that would love to own this. If you decide to put it on eBay as a raw copy with no reserve, the end result could surprise you. At least more people would bid on this *knowing* the "restoration" was there, unlike with bijoubaby05's raw copy up now. I was halfway tempted to shoot him an email asking what his copy was graded *before* he took it out of the slab...

If you decide to keep your copy instead, you're still a proud member of the Journey Into Mystery #83 club, and welcome!

1.8 to 2.0

Given the tape on the cover, I expect that if you sent this in to get graded, the tape would count as amateur restoration, therefore get branded with the (cue dramatic music) PLOD (Purple Label of Death).

Tape will not get a PLOD.

This copy is a 1.8, IMHO